[20]

☾✧

It was their last class for the day since some professors were held up as supervisors for the O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts that took place that day. Rose and Amber hurried to the Gryffindor common room to change, ready to enjoy the good weather of June.

Their exams had also passed so professors had calmed down a little, still giving minimal homework as they revised most of the things that they had studied along the year.

Rose walked down to the common room, loving the fact that she could finally enjoy being in one of her oversized T-shirts with the muggle band Beatles on it and mom jeans, her hair in a high ponytail.

"Someone's looking fresh," Amber winked as her cat, Snow, jumped from her lap. The blonde was dressed in a beautiful knee-length strawberry dress that complimented her well, her hair in french braids. She had her school bag hanging off her shoulder, the smell of different treats filling Rose's nostrils.

The brunette raised a brow. "Did you raid the kitchens?"

Amber gave her a grin. "I most definitely did, now let's go enjoy ourselves while we still can."

The two interlocked hands and walked out of the common room and through the corridors, passing the Great Hall that had been already cleared due to the fact that the students were having practical lessons.

They walked and walked, avoiding the Whomping Willow and getting to another part of the Black Lake where the water was not that deep and there were no creatures inside except maybe frogs and some fish. The place was surrounded by trees and hid them quite well, no one would ever think to come to that exact place anyway.

The girls set a blanket on the soft grass and laid down, Rose getting all the food out of the bag. There was a huge bottle of pumpkin juice and a few treacle tarts, brownies, croissants, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, that looked too much of Amber's work to be made by the elves, and fresh strawberries and grapes.

"You've been weirdly obsessed with grapes lately," Amber observed as the brunette popped one into her mouth.

Every time she ate grapes she was reminded of Regulus and his intoxicating taste so that's why she was weirdly obsessed with grapes, as Amber put it.

Rose shrugged. "They're good, I just discovered a new passion towards them."

The two ate in silence for a while, Amber glancing at the brunette from time to time.

"Anything on your mind?" she asked, sipping some pumpkin juice.

Hazel eyes sparked in her direction with confusion. "Well the fact that we're leaving soon is kind of sad."

The blonde put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll survive, we always do that. Then we can come back, finish school and become whoever we want to be."

Rose sighed. "I'm not supposed to tell you this or anyone for that matter, but you're practically my sister and I trust you."

"Is it something bad?" Amber sounded concerned.

"It depends on what you think about it," the Potter took a deep breath. "There's this secret organization that fights against Voldemort that's called the Order of the Phoenix, I'm pretty sure not only mine but your parents too are already involved...and Dumbledore approached most of the seventh years. The Marauders had joined and so did Lily and her friends...also Frank Longbottom."