Part 22: breathe...

She started sobbing, as tears rushed down her face. I ran up to her and tried to hug her, but she just pushed me away and told us to stay away from her. She backed up into the wall and slid down it, covering her face with her hands as she cried. I started tearing up and sat down next to her.

Sam- baby, just breathe...

She started taking sharp breaths, but it didn't seem to be helping. All of a sudden Avi and Charlie walked in and saw Emily on the floor next to me.

Avi- Em...
Stacey- she won't let any of us get close to her except Sam.
Mary Anne- she can barely breathe and she won't let us help

I put my hand on her back and rubbed small circles with my hand on her back. She started breathing a bit better but the crying didn't stop.

Sam- shhh, it's ok...

She wrapped her arms around me and cried into my shoulder... We're lucky this jacket is black. I hugged her back and put my chin on top of her head. A tear slid down my cheek... I feel so bad for her. She hasn't talked about her dad much since he went to jail, and it seems to be hitting her hard. I kissed the top of her head and placed my head back where it was.

Emily- I-I'm sorry
Sam- no! What are you sorry for?
Emily- I pushed y-you, and n-now I'm probably ruining your j-jacket
Sam- hey, there's nothing to be sorry for. I'm not worried about what I'm wearing, I'm worried about you! Do you want to talk about it...
Emily- I don't know...
Sam- it might help...
Watson- I can talk to her...

I looked towards the door and saw Watson with my mom. They both looked pretty worried, but Watson looked pretty calm, and he looked like he really cared. I looked down at Emily and she looked at me.

Emily- can Sam, Charlie and Kristy stay...
Watson- of course they can Avi can stay too... we can all talk about it together
Emily- *shaky breath* ok...
Avi- hey, how about I grab a makeup wipe really quick so we can take it off... we can fix it later if you want
Emily- o-okay
Avi- come on...

The other girls left the room to give us privacy, as well as my mom, and Avi took Emily from my arms and went to the bathroom to take her makeup off. I took a deep breath as another tear fell down my cheek.

Charlie- hey, it's alright, bro
Sam- I'm just worried about her... she just went through all of this with her father, and it's really hitting her hard
Kristy- *sigh* we've been through it too
Sam- not what she has. Yeah, her father isn't in her life anymore, and ours isn't either, but she lost her mom, and had an abusive father! She went through that for six years, six years Kristy! I know you mean well, but she's been through so much more than we have, and then it was made public that her father was abusive, and she had to tell the whole internet about it because of some stupid ass teenager who doesn't care about anyone else but herself! I get it, we have lost our father, and I get it, he doesn't care about us and he never did, but he never did that to us.... I'm sorry for yelling at you, I'm just really stressed out, and all I want is for her to be ok...
Kristy- I know Sam... we do too. She has been through a lot, she needs us to be there for her when everything comes crashing down on her
Charlie- and we'll always be here when it does
Watson- she's going to be living with us until she ends up moving out on her own. For now I want to be the father that you guys never had... Kristy I understand that you might not like me, but I want to make you guys happy, and I want to be the father that you didn't have
Kristy- ...in the beginning, I'm going to be honest, I didn't really like you... but now I realized that you're a really nice guy and you really make my mom happy. You've kinda grown on me... you're not all that bad Watson
Sam- I agree with Kristy, although it was a bit easier to win me over than it was with her
Charlie- *chuckle* yeah... Kristy's pretty stubborn
Kristy- I'm right here you know
Watson- *chuckle* I'm glad to hear that kids...

We all group hugged and then we heard the girls coming back so we all sat down and waited for them to come in the room. Emily and Avi walked in and I saw Emily still with tears in her eyes. She walked over to me and sat down while lying her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her, and kissed the top of her head.

Watson- hey Em... I was talking with these guys over here, and I want to tell you the same thing I told them. I'm here for you. You're going to move in with us, and I want you to talk to me when you need me... I want to be the father figure that you didn't have. I want to see you guys happy... you're like a daughter to me, I love all of you, no matter what
Emily- thank you... I really needed that...
Watson- no problem... and we all know that you will most likely become my daughter in-law, in the future... *wink*

I blushed and looked down to see Emily smiling. I smiled at her.

Sam- there's that smile... but speaking of, I wanted to talk to you about something...
Emily- ok...

I grabbed her hands and walked into the middle of the room with her. She looked confused as the others took their phones out and started recording. I looked at her and started talking

Sam- Em, I've always loved you... you mean so much to me, and all I want is for you to be happy. Being best friends with you was amazing, but when I asked you to be my girlfriend, and when you said yes, my life couldn't get any better... we're too young to get married, but hopefully in the future we will, but as of right now, I want to give you this...

I took a ring out of my pocket and held it up. She teared up again and looked at me in the eyes. Her ring looked like this...

 Her ring looked like this

And mine looked like this...

Sam- it's a promise ring... a promise that no matter what, I will always, and I mean always, love you. You are my world, and you have no idea how much I love being around you. I wanted it to be a butterfly ring because every time I see you, and every time I make eye contact with you, or kiss you, or see that bright smile of yours light up the room, it always gives me butterflies... so... Emily Mae Walter, do you except this promise?
Emily- yeah...

I let a tear fall down from my eyes as I chuckle and put the ring on her finger. She quickly wraps her arms around me and I hug her back while lifting her up a bit. The others start clapping and cheering as I put her down and lightly cup her face with my hands, and kiss her gently. She obviously kisses me back, and this is maybe one of the best moments of my life... we pull out of the kiss and she giggles a bit. Oh god, that giggle...

Emily- I love you so much
Sam- I love you too, darling
Avi- omg! I call being the maid of honor at your wedding!
Kristy- oh, come on!
Sam- woah, how about we just enjoy our teenage years before we jump into marriage
Charlie- ... I'm best man!
Emily- *laugh* oh my god
Sam- they'll never give up, will they?
Emily- no they won't
Watson- well, we should probably show your mom since she wasn't here to see it happen
Sam- let's go, my love
Emily- *giggle* ok