Chapter 5: Vatos (Part 1)

We all slowly walk over to the hand that was left by Merle. Daryl stops pacing and looks at the hand.

Daryl walks over to T-Dog and aims his crossbow to T-Dogs head. Rick quickly took the safety off his gun and points it to Daryl's temple. I walk over to Glenn who was standing on the pipe, wanting to get away from the mess.

Daryl, Rick, and T-Dog stay unmoving. None of them say a word.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in this city hears it," Rick says, threatening to shoot Daryl.

"Daryl," I plead, "Just put it down." After a second, he put down his crossbow and Rick put his gun away.

"You got a tool rag or something?" Daryl asks T-Dog. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a blue cloth handing it to Daryl. He walks over to Merles hand and picks it up, wrapping it in the cloth.

"I guess the saw was too soft for the hand cuff," Daryl says as he places the hand in the cloth. He stands back up and walks over to Glenn, putting the hand in his bag.

"He must've used his belt. There would have been more blood," Daryl says, pointing out the lack of blood on the concrete roof.

Daryl starts to follow the drops of blood that were left by Merle. Rick points to the tools, indicating for T-Dog to grab them, then Glenn, Rick, and I follow to where Daryl has gone.

We follow the path of blood back into a different building at a different door. I got my bow in my hand, going up beside Daryl.

"Merle? You in here?" Daryl calls out, while we follow him down the stairs.

"I noticed that you kept the bow that I got you," Daryl says to me.

"Yeah," I say, looking back at him. He didn't get a chance to answer because I hear groaning coming from in front of us. I turn and see a walker with guts and blood hanging from its mouth. I bring up my bow, reach back to my pack of arrows and shoot it in its forehead causing it to fall to the ground.

After I pull out the arrow, I follow the guys into the hallway. I keep my bow up in case of any danger. 

We came to the lobby of the building and see two dead walkers laying on the ground.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sons of bitches," Daryl says, talking about his brother killing the walkers.

"One handed," I says. I hear a chuckle and turn to see Glenn with a smile on his face. I let out a light laugh before turning back around.

"Toughest asshole is my brother," Daryl says, pulling the string back up on his crossbow.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss," Rick says. "No matter how tough he is." He pulls out his gun before continuing down a different hallway. We walk around the walkers before following Rick down the hall, following the path of blood drops.

"Merle?" Daryl calls out again.

"We're not alone here," Rick whispers loudly to Daryl, not wanting walkers to surround us.

"Screw that," Daryl says.

We come around the corner and I see that the stove was on and blood was dripping from it with a belt hanging off the stove.

"What's that burnt stuff?" Glenn questions from behind me.

"Skin," Rick says. I look over at Glenn and he has a disgusted look on his face.

"Told you he was tough," Daryl says to Rick.

"No one can kill Merle but Merle," I say.

"He's lost a lot of blood," Rick says, looking around.