Chapter 2: Days Gone Bye (Part 2)

The boys took a shower in the men's locker room, while I went across the hall to the women's locker room.  I walked over to the shower and turned it on. I put my hand under the water, feeling the warmth of it, and I couldn't help the smile that came to my face. I quickly stripped myself of the dirty clothes that clung to my body and threw them to the floor. I walked under the water, and let it drop down my body. I haven't felt warm water in months.

After I finished my much need shower, I went through my bag and got new clothes. They weren't clean, but they would make due.

After the shower, I walked over to the men's locker room, knocking before I entered. When I got the clear to come in, I walked in and hear Morgan and Rick talking.

"Atlanta sounds like a good deal," Rick said when I sat on the one of the benches across from them.

"That's where we were headed," Morgan said. "Things got crazy. Man, you wouldn't believe the panic. Streets weren't fit to be on, and then my wife, she couldn't travel. Not with her so we had to find a place to lay low. And then after she died, we just stay hungered down. I guess we just froze in place," Morgan said.

"Plan to move on?" I asked him.

"Haven't worked up to it yet," he said to me.

After we were all changed, Rick led us to where the station kept the guns and ammo. He unlocked it and we were greeted by some guns. 

"A lot of it has gone missing," Rick said while grabbing a shot gun. I stood back and watched, not really interested in the guns.

"Dad, can I learn to shoot? I'm old enough," Duane asked his dad.

"Hell yeah you can. We got to do it carefully, teach you how to respect the weapon," Morgan said to his son.

"That's right, it's not a toy," Rick inputted. "You pull the trigger, you have to mean it. Always remember that, Duane," Rick said to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, sir," Duane said back to him.

"Take that one. Nothing fancy," Rick said, while he handed a sniper rifle to Morgan. "Scopes accurate."

Morgan took the gun and held it up, practicing how to hold it. He looked over to me and I gave him a smile and a thumbs up, before he went back to practicing how to hold it.

After the guys finished packing the guns and the ammo, we left out the back door to where the cars were parked.

"Conserve your ammo, it goes fast, especially when you are practicing," Rick warns Morgan and Duane.

"Duane, take this to the car," Morgan says, handing a bag to Duane.

"You sure you won't come along with Catelyn and me?" Rick asks.

"Few more days. By the end Duane will know how to shoot and I won't be so rusty," Morgan says to Rick.

Rick walked into the police car and grabbed a walkie talkie and handed it to Morgan.

"You got one battery left," he says. "I'll turn mine on a few minutes every day at dawn. You get up there, that's how you find us."

"You think ahead," Morgan says, while walking away,

"Can't afford not to, not anymore," Rick says back to him.

"Oh and one thing. They might not seem like a whole lot one at a time, but when they are in a group, all piled up and hungry, man you better watch your ass," Morgan says to us.