1: Moving In

I rolled my eyes, "are you serious Mum? Why can I not just stay home?"

"Bianca, I am not comfortable with you staying home by yourself. Julie is one of my closest work friends and I trust her. You are going to stay with her and that is the end of the discussion."

"I know she is nice Mum but why can I not stay with Will, Katie, Noah or even Mike?"

"Will is your boyfriend and I am not comfortable with you staying there for three weeks. I already asked Katie's parents, but they are fighting and going through their own issues. Noah does not have another bedroom and your brother is moving in with Sarah. They deserve a little alone time" she groaned in frustration.

"Now go and pack your bags, you are going to stay with Julie."

I stormed up to my bedroom and slammed the bedroom door shut. The sound bounced and vibrated off of each wall in my bedroom.

I picked up one of my throw pillows and buried my face into it, letting out a long, suffocated scream. The scream was not one of pain, but instead one of sadness and frustration.

I cannot believe that my mum was making me leave my home just because she thought I am not old enough to look after myself.

A few minutes passed before Mike knocked on my door. "Bianca, can I come in?"

"Yes, the door is open."

"I heard what happened, are you okay?" he asked looking at me, concern etched on his face.

"I am fine, I am just very annoyed at the whole situation. I do not understand why I cannot just stay here or at one of my friend's houses. Mum is just being completely unreasonable" I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

Mike turned my body so that I was looking at him as he begun talking. "Listen Bee, staying with Julie and her two kids might surprise you. You could have the best time of your life. If you really do not like it, you can come and stay with Sarah and I but you have to give it a chance first."

I nodded, understanding that I might have been acting a little bit irrational as well. "Now, please start packing so mum does not yell at you again. This is a big time in her career. How many people can say that they have built a shelter in Africa to help feed those less fortunate and provide accommodation for them? So just act a bit happier about it, okay?" he said kissing me on the forehead.

I took a deep breath and pulled my suitcases out from my wardrobe. I started to pack everything that I would need for the next three weeks.

After a couple of hours of packing, I finally had everything in my bags.

"Hey Mike, could you please help me take my bags down to my car?" I yelled from my bedroom.

"I'm glad you changed your mind" mum smiled, taking one of my bags out of my hands.

"Mum, I am sorry. I know that this is really important to you, and I should not be making this harder for you. I am sorry if I have not supported you as much as I could have. I am enormously proud of you and all that you are doing. I am going to miss you so much and I just want you to know how much I love you" I smiled as a tear fell down my check.

"I know you are and I love you too. I love you and your brother more than anything. I do not know what I am going to do without you two for three weeks" she said, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Look at the two most beautiful girls in my life making up and hugging everything out" Mike interrupted, taking the last two bags out to my car.

"Mum, could I call Will over?" I asked politely.