16: School's Back

The sound of my alarm bounced off every wall until I woke up. I instantly searched for the snooze button and groaned in annoyance when I could not find it.

Throwing my bed sheets off of my body, I pulled my phone off the charger and pressed cancel. The blaring noise suddenly stopped making me sigh in relief.

Well, I was up now. No use in snoozing the alarm now.

I had a shower last night so whilst the curler was heating up, I did my makeup. Once my hair and makeup was done and I was dressed, I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

I felt good today, it was the first night that I had a proper sleep since the breakup and I felt so much better. I think replying to Will's message also gave me a little bit of closure. It was extremely healing knowing that the chapter which involved Will and I was officially over. I could now focus on the future and on the things that would lift me up rather than tear me down.

I filled my school bag with all of my textbooks, my laptop, and my pencil case so that I could drop them off at my locker this morning.

I looked at the time to see that it was almost time to leave. I walked into Caleb's room to see if he was almost ready but to my surprise, he was still asleep in bed.

"Caleb!" I exclaimed, looking at the time when I realised that we had to be left in fifteen minutes.

"Caleb wake up" I said loudly, shaking his sleeping frame.

"Go away" he groaned, rolling over.

"Get up, we are going to be late" I yelled, pushing him off of the bed.

With a loud thump, his eyes shot open and he just laid there on the floor muttering profanities at me.

"Stop your complaining, you slept in and now you are running late. Hurry up!" I said tapping my watch.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he looked at the clock. As if he had only just registered what I had been saying, he begun dashing around his room to get ready.

After another ten minutes or so, Caleb came running down the stairs. "I am sorry, do not get your panties in a twist" he said as we rushed out the door.

"You do not get to talk about my panties, hurry up" I laughed, walking towards my car.

"Nope, we are taking my car. I want to drive" he said, grabbing my arm and leading me to his car.

"Why can I not take my car?" I whined.

"We have had this conversation before. Mine is better" he smirked, reversing out of the driveway before I even had time to protest.

"If only that was true" I said, protecting my car. "Why were you so late anyway?"

"I forgot to turn my alarm on" he laughed, turning a crimson red.

Just as I was about to get out of the car, I noticed that Caleb was already out and had the door open for me.

"My lady" he said, offering me his hand as I stepped out of the car.

"You are so sweet. I am going to talk to the Katie and Noah. I will see you later" I said, walking up so I could wrap my arms around his neck. He did not waste any time in wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

"Bye Caleb" I said, kissing his cheek. As soon as my lips touched his cheek, my mind drifted to the kiss that we shared at the party. I wanted to do it again. Badly.

I ran up towards Katie and Noah and gave them both a hug.

"You look so much better than the last time we saw you" Noah smiled.