15: Goodbye & First Song

Edited: 01/07/2022

I woke up to a pounding headache as the events of last night came flooding back to me. I remembered everything. I remembered the message from Will's other girlfriend, I remembered kissing Caleb, I remembered fighting with Chloe and I remembered talking to Caleb last night whilst I was vomiting. I was still heartbroken over Will's cheating but I knew that I deserve better than that so I was going to try and move on with my life.

Thinking about spin the bottle made goosebumps appear on my arms and legs. The kiss with Drew and Matt was like a little peck however the kiss with Caleb was different. That kiss was intense and I found myself thinking about what it would be like to kiss him completely sober. I instantly brushed those thoughts aside knowing that I would not act on them and that it was just a game.

As I stood up, I quickly made my way downstairs to look for some pain relief and water.

As I walked downstairs, I found Caleb already waiting with a bottle of water and two pain relief tablets sitting on the bench. I quickly made my way over to them, happily swallowing the tablets and drinking the entire bottle.

"You look like shit" Caleb laughed, taking in my appearance.

"Wow thanks" I groaned, closing my eyes.

"Here, eat this" he said, passing me some toast and eggs.

"Remind me to never ever drink again" I mumbled.

"You are quite a funny drunk" he said with his famous smirk, "I cannot believe that you slapped Chloe".

"I cannot believe she slept with my boyfriend" I said angrily.

"What even happened between you two?"

"We were best friends and then when we went into high school, she changed. She started hanging around the wrong people and then she started bullying me. Rather than hiding and accepting the bullying, I stood up to her and she did not like it. I would stand up to her every single time she was mean to someone. Now, we just argue all the time" I finished.

"Yeah wow, I cannot believe that I was ever involved with her!" he exclaimed

"I do not even know what you saw in her" I sighed.

"She was easy and I know that makes me an asshole but there really is not any other reason."

I instantly cringed, "well at least you are being honest. That means a lot to me these days."

"I am going to go and have a shower and then go for a run" I said, making my way upstairs.

"Do you want a running partner today?" he asked.

"Sure, be ready in thirty minutes" I smiled, walking into the bathroom.

I stripped my clothes off and jumped into the warm shower. I stayed in there for around ten minutes before turning off the water and wrapping the towel around my body.

I put my hair up into a tight ponytail and got changed into a pair of yoga shorts and a gym tank top. I picked up a pair of socks and placed my sneakers on while I grabbed my phone.

"You ready?" I asked Caleb as I walked downstairs.

"Yep, are you?" he asked, handing me a bottle of water.

"No, I feel like shit and I just want to go back to bed but I know I need to get out" I laughed as I stepped outside, letting the morning breeze whip past my face.

After an hour or so, Caleb and I ran to a park that had no body there and sat down on the swings.

"You are fit, I will give you that" Caleb said as we both caught our breaths.