CHAPTER 3

SELENE'S POV

Ever since that day, I have been visiting the palace daily and even made plans to stay there already since the emperor requested so. Wandering around the palace with Anastacius beside me, I looked around and can't help but be in awe at the view of the palace. Though it was a bit uncomfortable since the 1st prince is here. I've later learned that every time I would visit the palace, he would come to me and would join me in any activities I do here...of course, I understand that since I am his future wife but...his presence is a bit uncomfortable. I would always feel his intense stares at me on anything I do and he also unconsciously touch me for some reason and it was creeping me out. Honestly, I would rather hang out with Claude rather than him. Even though Claude doesn't talk a lot and always has a fierce face, I didn't mind. His presence was warm and I could see the imaginary floating flowers on him every time we hang out and he looked so cute at the time I gave him a small kiss on the cheek with his face as red as a tomato. I do admit that I would rather choose Claude over Anastacius but since I'm the 1st prince's fiancee, I can't say that now can I?

.
.
.

"It looks like you're having fun now aren't you?"
A few days ago, I stumbled upon a beautiful light blue dragon with green eyes and it looked like me a lot so I decided to keep it. Thankfully, after I told my parent that I decided to keep the dragon, they immediately agreed to say that this magnificent creature is my divine beast and because of the overwhelming mana along with my divine & light magic I had, the dragon was created since my body can't handle all the mana I had. I just decided to name the dragon Diana meaning "heavenly or divine"

"Yup I sure am!"
I exclaimed as my hands roam around Diana's surprisingly soft skin

"So...what are going to do about the engagement...are you share you can handle him?"
Claude asked his index finger placed in his chin

"I can't do anything about it Claude and even though he may be an obsessive man today, I'll try to endure it no matter what. I can't risk the consequences if I act without thinking. He might snap and lock me up or something"
Sensing the worry in my voice, Claude went closer to me and cupped my cheek
"It's gonna be alright Selene if he does something bad to you, just tell me alright...after all, you're almost reaching the marriageable age. Who knows what he might do"
My heart unknowingly beat, making it feel like it's about to get out of my chest...why is he so smooth with words?!

"T-thanks Claude...now what would I do without you"

.
.
.

I apologize for the number of time skips but, you see, chapter 1-3 is only about Selene's past and the next chapter will be about her story and journey as the empress of the Obelian Empire so I tend to make it quick :)

"A-an..what are you- hmmp!"
His hand wrapped around my waist as he roughly kissed me...I couldn't breathe...he wouldn't let me breath
"Why are you asking that? you're going to be my future wife as well as the future empress of Obelia so just a simple kiss is enough"
This guy is crazy...my marriageable age is just right around the corner and now I'm being harassed by my "future husband"...I am simply not excited for this marriage and am certainly gonna regret it...through my whole life now living in the palace was hell for me. Anastacius guards would guard me, watching every action I make. And every time I speak to other boys except for Claude, he would lock me up in his room and just make an excuse to the emperor that he was being protective of me. I felt like I was inside a cage and couldn't get out and with me wrapped around his palm, I can never escape this neverending nightmare. Sometimes, I would just cry and think about the things I've done in my past life. I am only glad that I adjusted quickly as Selene Le Von Eclat and that my personality is the same as hers...she was lucky she couldn't feel this pain...I want to get out...Claude...

His hand twirled around my glowing hair as he hummed in satisfaction. Right now, I am on his bed since he ordered me to stay overnight and is reading a book to distract myself from his stares...his disgusting stares. Me hating Anastacius is an understatement...with his position as the future emperor in Obelia, who knows what he might do to me after he becomes emperor and the thought of it scares me

.
.
.

I hissed in pain as he placed an ointment in my skin. My fear of him just rose higher and I was trembling under his touch. I tried to escape the palace earlier and was caught by him. And I received my punishment by being whipped by him...tears streamed down my face as I whimpered in the intense pain I felt. After applying the ointment, his hand wrapped around my waist as he hugged me carefully, making sure he doesn't touch the injuries that he inflicted on me
"Do you understand why I am doing this, my love? I did this so that you would understand that running away from me is useless and you won't gain anything from it. And you mustn't run away from my dear...our wedding is just a few days away and I can't let the bride disappear now, can I"
He pecked my cheek as I sobbed in despair, quickly pinning me down the comfy bed and placing his lips on mine
I don't know how much longer must I endure this...

.
.
.

"Oh my! Lady Selene, you looked gorgeous! It's no wonder why the Crown Prince fell in love with you!"
The maids exclaimed as they finished preparing me for today...today is the wedding day
I smiled gently on the outside but the inside...I wanted to cry and run away or just be in Claude's arms. Claude was the only person to lift the pain off my chest...this might be the happiest day of the empire, but to me, this is the worst day I could experience in my life. I was getting goosebumps on what he might do after we get married...

I snapped out of my thoughts when the four opened revealing Felix, Claude's childhood friend or bosom brother. We got along pretty well and he was much more of a gentleman other than Anastacius

"Blessings and glory upon the future moon of the Obelian Empire, your highness, allow me to escort you to the carriage"
His gentle voice eased me up a bit as I took his hand and he guided me outside of the palace. I never got out of the palace ever since Anastacius took control of my life. So seeing just a glimpse of the life outside this hellhole is truly a blessing to me. Even if it's just a minute of being outside, I felt truly satisfied

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm alive but deflated...Yeah, I have nothing to say
See you next chapter!💕💕💕

°•|×NICO×|•°

WORDS : 1258