The Truth

Time slowed and Hope started to notice every detail. 

Like how her diary was open. And how the closet door was open with a box coming out of it. 

No...he couldn't have. Could he? 

Scott noticed that she was looking at the closet and decided to come clean. 

"I'm sorry, I just needed to know more." He apologized. 

"It's fine... If anything, I'm glad you found it." She said. 

"Why?" 

"Well, I guess it's just easier than telling you myself. I'm just so glad you're back." She sighed, leaning against his chest. 

"So am I." He said, wrapping his arms around her.

But he was concerned about her. The Hope he used to know rarely ever showed emotion or affection, but now..... 

He remembered what she said about getting sick often, and it had definitely taken a toll on her. 

"Hope I-" He stopped as he heard something downstairs. 

Hope tensed, she heard it too. 

They went downstairs and saw that Natasha had knocked something over when she was trying to untie herself. She succeeded and started walking toward the stairs. 

"Oh no, you don't," Hope said and pulled out Nat's weapon and shot her with it. But she pulled the trigger twice and Nat got Widow's Bite times two. 

"Just in case," She said and walked over to Steve, who was still unconscious and did the same to him. 

~~~6 Hours Later~~~

Steve started to wake up and took in his surroundings. It looked like he was in an attic...

He tried to get up but he fell back. It didn't look like anything was tying him to the chair, yet he couldn't move an inch. He struggled, trying to get up with no prevail. 

"Yeah, that's not gonna work genius." 

Steve had been so busy trying to escape that he hadn't noticed that Natasha was tied up next to him. 

"Where are we?" He asked. 

"I can tell you," Hope said from the corner of the room. She had her suit on just in case the almighty Avengers escaped. 

"Who are you?" Steve demanded. He saw how this woman had clowned him and Nat. Who was she? 

"Steve..." Natasha said, trying to explain. 

Hope retracted her mask and sat down on an extra chair in the room. 

Steve just sat there speechless. "Aren't you-" He started. 

"Dead?" She finished. "Yeah, you guys really should be more thorough when you claim someone as dead." 

She knew that she was supposed to call Scott when they woke up, but she wanted to ask them some questions without him being there. 

"What do you want with Scott?" She asked them. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," 

"Really? Because from what I saw, you were trying to kidnap him again. Was once not enough for you or something?" She asked sarcastically. 

"We just wanted his help," 

"Yeah, it's just that kicking down a door to "ask him for help" wasn't really giving us the right impression," Hope said, glaring at them.