Chapter 1

A/N: English isn't my first language so if I make some mistake I would appreciate if you let me know in the comments so I can correct it.

While Armin waited for his two best friends to arrive from the end of their classes to meet him, he just kept watching as everyone began to go home

Today Eren didn't have practice with the soccer team so he would meet with the blonde so they can go home together and study for their exams.

"See you later, Armin!" Connie and Sasha say as they pass him as they head towards the exit.

"See you later," he smiles, shaking his hand slightly in greeting.

He himself was sitting on the ledge of the staircase outside his preparatory school, so when Marco and Jean came down the steps past him they gave him a silent salute as well before trying to catch up with his other two friends.

Armin watched them silently as they left, being bathed in the vibrant orange colors of the sunset.

Jean stood out specifically, among them he was the tallest and his hair was the lightest, allowing the sunlight to reflect better on it.

His annoyed expression, his laugh, his sarcastic eyes; oh yeah, Armin knew all those things well and knew that he looked perfect no matter what he did.

Well, he really shouldn't be doing that and he knows it, just that sometimes it was unavoidable.

His face was quite indifferent to the naked eye, despite maintaining a soft expression, one wouldn't notice the amount of attention that Armin paid to that group, or more specifically to that boy, unless they saw him in the eye.

Jean, Jean.

Jean Kirstein, still sometimes wondered how it had happened, in fact he didn't have an answer to it, everything became confused in his mind when he thought about it.

He decides to forget the question and lean on his hand, giving a slight sigh.

Eren and Mikasa should be here by now, why were they delaying? If they continued like this he would be forced to see Jean until he finally left the institution.

It would be better if Eren didn't catch him, it would be a very funny scandal. Between Mikasa's thing, that they had very clashing and strong personalities, that they were always on par as the best in the team being so competitive and that Jean had been named captain, well, it was a whole thing. Not that his best friend wanted to be captain, he didn't care (and, between us, he would be really bad at it), but he hated taking orders from his opponent, even he's who surprisingly didn't take advantage of his position, perhaps showing why he was a good fit for the position, although it could be unexpected.

"Are you waiting for Eren?" The blonde asks, leaning toward him.

"H-Historia," the boy stutters. "You scared me," she just came out of nowhere.