Chapter 4

For a moment all his vision had blurred and he was slightly puzzled about what had just happened but when he was finally able to focus his vision, that kitten was in his hands, safe and sound, which made him sigh in relief.

"Armin, are you okay?" Jean's worried voice sounds next to him, makes him blink a few times at him, he hadn't noticed he was there.

"Y-Yeah," he stutters, now remembering the feeling of Jean having pushed him out of the way.

"What were you doing?!" Asks the woman who was driving the car, getting out of it. "That was very risky, I could... I could have killed you!"

Armin stutters for a moment and the instant he flinches, he tilts his head.

"Excuse me, please, I just didn't want you to run over this kitten," he explains.

The woman slightly opens her mouth, she had not distinguished that cat in front of her car at any time.

"Okay, but don't do that anymore, if I had gone a little faster I wouldn't have been able to stop in time and could have hurt you a lot or even killed you."

"We get it, sorry for giving you a hard time." Jean tilts his head as well.

"Okay, I believe you, raise your heads," she asks, trying to relax. "You live nearby? I could take you home."

"Thanks, you're very kind," Armin answers nervously, "but we're two blocks from my house." They stand up.

"Okay, be careful. And you, take care that this one doesn't go back to throw in front of a car in movement," she says to Jean, to which this agrees. "Have a good day," she replies, before getting into her car again.

"Sorry," says the blonde to the taller one, embarrassed.

"Why do you apologize?" He looks at him, confused.

"You put yourself in danger for me, you shouldn't have pushed me."

"Lucky I did, she would have run you over."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it, it was instinct." He bites his trembling lip.

"Hey," he puts his finger under her chin, "are you scared?"

"It comes late," he says, trying not to see him.

"I saved you because I wanted to, don't apologize for that, apologize for being such an idiot anyway... You could have really died just now."

"I know..." He strokes the kitten, seeking comfort.

"And I thought that with an impulsive suicidal bastard it was enough" he pinches the bridge of his nose, "although Eren will always be worse."

"You already found us something in common," he says nervously.

"It hurts?" He touches his cheek.

"Huh?" He gently touches his skin. He had a scratch with a little blood on his left cheekbone. "Oh no, it's not that bad." He looks at him. "Do you want to go home now?"

"What? No, I'm fine. Are you okay?" The opposite nods. "Then come on, it was just a scare, we can relax now."

"Okay."

"What will you do with him?" He asks, seeing the cat.

"Mmh, he seems from the street, maybe my grandfather will let me keep him."

"Sounds fair to me," he says, reaching his hand out to him.

"Let him smell you first," the brunette obeys, leaving his hand still and allowing the cat to sniff him, then he allows him to pet him.