Chapter 7

That day, shortly before the end of the class schedule, Jean was looking for Armin in the corridors of the institution, since he had not had a chance to speak with him previously.

"Are we going home now?" Marco asks, getting next to him and starting to walk with him. Their houses were in the same direction so they used to go back together after school or meet on the road in the morning to go together as well.

"Oh no, sorry, I'll go in a bit."

"What will you do?" He asks, curious.

"Oh, I wanted to talk to Armin about something," he says and when he finally looks up he sees the blonde standing there, in that corridor.

"Oh," Marco cocks his head, "Leonhart is talking to him," he smiles, a laugh on his lips.

"What?" Jean frowns.

"Do you know if Armin likes her?"

"Likes her?!" He asks, surprised and confused.

"Well, she likes him."

"Leonhart? Are you sure?" He says, unable to believe it.

"Yes, totally."

"I've hardly ever seen them speak to each other before..." he replies, seeing them.

"He never told you anything about her?" The brunette laughs a little.

"Armin doesn't like her," he responds immediately. "It's ridiculous, she's not his type of girl. I mean, she's pretty but she's very serious and tough."

"Mikasa is like that and he gets along well with her."

"Mikasa is like his sister," he is quick to say. "Besides, Annie would control him too much, it wouldn't work."

"I don't know." He shrugs and smiles. "She is actually quite shy and kind to him, I have seen her smile at him and even blush at him."

"Are we talking about the same person?" He answers, exasperated.

"I guess it's the effect he creates on her, who would say?"

"What? But no... Armin wouldn't notice her, would he?"

"Why not? She is great, don't you think?"

"Armin would just never fall in love with her."

"Didn't you encourage things between Sasha and Nicolo? You were happy for her. What is the difference with Armin?"

"Oh please, Nicolo was literally made for Sasha, he wants to be a chef and he doesn't get disgusted by watching her eat until she chokes. How many times can you find something like that?"

"Well, you're right about that," he laughs.

"On the other hand, Armin with Annie, I don't know, I just don't see it."

"I don't know, it seems to me that they would make a good match and do good to each other."

It wasn't possible, right? Armin dating someone else? Of course not.

Annie Leonhart was pretty, blonde, blue-eyed, slim, somewhat short, as strong as Mikasa and apparently soft along with Armin. So why did it seem so impossible for the Arlert to notice her?

No, it wasn't impossible at all, in fact it was as much as possible.

Thinking of those two dating for some reason made him feel a fire in his stomach.

Armin was with him in a way, he couldn't leave him for Annie... could he?

Perhaps he preferred to be with someone with whom didn't have to hide the type of relationship they had. That sounded perfectly logical, ugh.