Three

It's Friday.
I'm sprawled out across the double bed of my hotel room, the midday sun slanting through the curtains making the air in the room feel warm. I'm still wearing my baggy grey sweat pants and Led Zeppelin singlet, and I can feel the hair falling out of the messy bun on my head which is now annoying my face. Today will be one of my lazy days I guess, not doing much but lounging around, listening to music and eating junk. So pretty much my daily routine!

I feel something scratching my thigh, frowning I roll onto my side to push away whatever is irritating me, a pencil sharpening flicks across the bed. I stare at it for a while, mum would kill me if she knew I'd been so careless with my pencils. My eye travels across the rest of the messy sheets and I see more and more of the sharpening's, overflowing from my lap where I was drawing a group photo of Pierce The Veil. I sigh softly, I took it about a year back after one of their concerts with Sleeping with sirens, Kellin had brung me along for the hell of it, and I soon got to know them as pretty decent guys. I aim on giving them the drawing when I go to stay with Kellin in Michigan, they often have band practices together and they're good mates, so I'm likely to see them.

We landed in Los Angeles about a week ago and I think we were staying for at least another 5 days, mum's been out at work for most of the time that we've been here. The event she's helping out with is actually the MTV Music Awards, which is quite a big deal. I had no idea she had been asked to do such an internationally televised event, or I would have offered to help out a bit with the paperwork, broadcasted events often take a lot more detailed organising, especially as they are normally aired live. It was being held on the 24th of this month I'm pretty sure, at the The Forum in Inglewood, 2 days away. Apparently all the hottest and newest acts in music are invited, including the likes of Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and that new one, Sam Smith? I'm not really bothered about going to be honest, but mum invited me anyway. She told me she would have to work for the whole length of the show, as well as setting up before and managing the cleanup afterwards, and apparently isn't comfortable about leaving me alone for that long. To be honest I think she just wants to get me out of this hotel. I still hadn't made up my mind though, I mean, it's not really my type of music, but I guess it would be good to meet some new people before I leave this place, and I do need to get out of here a bit. The hotel we picked is a little more expensive than the ones I'm used to, it has a heated roof top pool, spa, down stairs bar area, separate bedrooms each with a flat screen TV. I mean, I'm making the most of it. Hence I haven't left it for days, and I don't plan on leaving it today.

I press the home button on my phone to get the time, realising the day has now stretched into afternoon, I decide I should get up and at least cook some breakfast. Swinging my legs off the bed I put my sketchbook to one side and stand up to brush off all the pencil sharpening's stuck to my shirt. Ill clean it up later. I shuffle out of my room and head towards the kitchenette, bare feet sticking to the cold tiles underfoot. I lean down so I'm eye level with the fridge and pull open the door, letting the cold air drift out and lightly pass over my skin, giving me goosebumps. I scan the contents of our fridge, its pretty pitiful, a bag of red apples, a carton of milk, some yoghurt, butter, a lump of cheese. Sighing, I take out a half loaf of white bread and stick a couple of slices in the toaster, flicking on the switch at the wall and letting it heat up. My tummy grumbles with hunger as I reach into the wooden cupboard hanging from the ceiling, I grab out the jar of vegemite. Popping off the lid I look into the jar and my heart sinks, "There's no vegemite," I sigh out loud, well that just ruined my extremely exciting day, butter it is.
Disappointed, I place the empty jar to the side and walk off to grab my phone from my bed, quickly unplugging it, I walk back over to the kitchen whilst opening my music app. Smiling to myself, I select a Bruno Mars song which seemed appropriate. Reaching over I place my phone into the jack of my travel speakers and press play... "Today I don't feel like doing anything..."