After school, as usual everyone is in a hurry to get home whiles those that got detention were moving towards their respective “doom” classes as the call every detention class.

Raey is sitting on the school bench outside of school waiting for her step dad to pick her up.
Cheerleading practice was really hectic today because trust me she has never exercised before but everyone keeps saying she looks sexy for one who doesn't exercise on a regular.

When she lifts her eyes she immediately pounced out of her sit. Steve was standing in front of her with an annoying smirk planted on his not so bad of a face. I guess she was too much in her thoughts to have realised when he got there.

“ Chill!! Were you thinking of me?” he asked her as he tried to calm her down after she panicked.

“ I haven't even thought of you for a second today. I have other things to think about aside you.” she responded looking irritated by his questions.

“ Are you really sure about that ,babes?” a smile forming on his lips which was so cute that had Raey blushing in seconds.

She tried covering her cheeks with her hands but Steve already saw the effect of his smile on her already.

Before he could continue bombarding her with his questions, a horn blew up behind him and they saw thier dad in his car waving them over.

She quickly run towards the car and sat right in front to avoid any more of his stares. Not that she minds but she unfortunately couldn't stop getting wet just by thinking about what transpired between them today.

Steve takes that as the cue to also follow and got into the backseat as thier father drove off towards home.

He asked about thier day as he always does making sure not ask too much and keep the convo as light as possible but for some reason he realised for the first time that his daughter was actually really smiling.
If only he knew his son has a hand in her smile today.

-

Poline tries to start her car but today of all days it had to refuse to start. She kept trying all over again and just decided to give up and there was no way she could fix the car because she had no clue how to.
She calls her mechanic only for it to go straight to voicemail.

Jake moved towards his car and tried ignoring the eyes following him but someone caught his attention and realised it was Poline Fengs, the cheerleader of the cheerleading squad and the most popular girl in school.

He couldn't stop but admire her whiles she looked all worked up about something. Her perfect nails were tapping on her phone in a haste as if she has been trying to reach someone for hours.

He moves towards her and asks her what the situation is but she only brushes him off.

“ You could at least be grateful someone actually wants to help you know.” Jake said to her as he moves towards the front of the car.

He opens the engine side and quickly figures out the problem before she could say ‘Jack’. Let's be honest here but Poline has been let down most of her life by friends and family especially family and she always finds it difficult to ask for help or accept help from anyone.

“ Am done here. Kindly start the car and let's make sure I didn't break anything.” he looks at her.

“ And why would I do that? I didn't even ask for your help in the first place.” she replies to him and moves towards the side of the car almost tripping on her foot but Jake was fast enough to hold her before any damage could be done.

“ Thanks.” She says to him in a more shocking tone. Well after talking rudely to him she wasn't really expecting him to help her out again.

“ No problem but you need to start the car so I can get home quickly and watch my fav movie in a few minutes.”

“Sure.” Poline opens the door and starts the engine and like flash it just sounded ready to move and she was more than happy she didn't have to call a cab after all.

Before she could move out of the car, Jake was already in his car and drove past her like someone being chased by some robbers. I guess his movie was that important than to listen to all her lame excuses for being rude.

Poline drives out of the school park and heads home with thoughts of him in her mind. She wasn't that kind of girl that would actually like or think about someone but something about this guy kept her interested for some reason.

As soon as she got home, she takes off into her room and later comes back downstairs to the kitchen for supper as she had already taken her bath.
Nanny was more of a clean woman and doesn't like anyone doing what she doesn't like. Trust me.

Poline and nanny both sit down to have supper as they talk about how thier day went and Poline couldn't stop talking about the guy that helped her in the car park today. Nanny mouthed “ it's about time” under her breath because she has tried so much to make her socialize more but to no avail.

-

Dinner is served and for the first time in years looks like Raey seemed to be in a good mood and decided to have dinner with her new family.

Her mom has tried on many occasions to have her sit on the table with them but she always came up with an excuse just to avoid having dinner with them.

Mrs Quinn serves each of thier plates with some potatoes and steak and some salad on the side. Today looked more like a celebration day and both Steve and Raey looked at each other as if communicating with thier eyes for answers.

Mr Quinn clears his throat and asks for thier attention when they were almost done with thier food. He stands on his feet and he looks really cute with his dimples poking out of his cheeks.

“ Well, Steve and Raey your mother and I have some good news to share with you guys. We are pregnant!!” he exclaims as the words drew out of his lips.

Raey was already on her feet a little taken aback by the news but trying to stay as calm as possible she moves to her mom and gives her a quick hug.

“ Am so happy for you guys, Mom.” Raey gives her mom a light peck and walks over to her step dad as she hugs him too.

“ Congratulations, Mom and dad. I hope it's a boy so I can play football with him.” Steve says in a coolly manner.

He just realised he was starting to catch feelings for Raey only for this news to clear those feelings away for good. This was a bad idea in the first place yet they still let it go on.

Words cannot describe how unmotivated I have been this past few months but as the saying goes “better late than never”. I would be posting as much as I can and please stay up to date as the story is about to get more juicier.

Always adhere to the COVID 19 protocols and stay safe.. lots of 💕💕💕.