XIV

Steve rushed off to his room not even saying ‘hi’ to his parents as soon as he got home. He was more than determined to end this as soon as possible.

He just couldn't wait to tell Raey how he feels for her but he had to do the right thing first by ending things with Louisa.

Before he entered the bathroom, he texted Louisa that he wants to take her to a quick dinner so she should get ready and went straight into the bathroom to do his business.

He ended up spending more than an hour in the shower since he was feeling guilty and nervous at the same time. “What if she ends up hating me?” he asked himself. “Well it would be worth it since you can finally be with Raey.” his subconscious spoke to him.

He quickly put on his t-shirt and jeans with his favorite Vance as soon as he got out the shower and took his car keys. He stopped by Raey's room on his way to the living room and knocked on her door but she didn't respond.

He decided then that he would have to talk to her when he comes back.
Even in his car he was contemplating on whether this was a good idea or not but in the end his feelings was what mattered so he sped up and drove off to Louisa's house.

In a matter of minutes he was in front of her house and walked to her door and pressed the bell.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Darell Simons asked as soon as he opened the door and saw Steve there.

“We have a date ,bro. Leave him be. Let's go Steve.” Louisa quickly responded before Steve could say anything.

She was in a tight top exposing her cleavage with a short skirt with her hair straightened out to perfection.

Steve grabbed her hands as they walked over to his car and helped her get in.

“Thanks.” she said to him when he also got into the car.

They drove off in silence and Louisa started wondering what could possibly be wrong with him since Steve is hardly quiet when you get to know him.

“What's going on Steve? You are awfully quiet today.” she asked as soon as he stopped at a traffic light.

“Ermmm, there is nothing wrong with me. I just wanted to take you out to dinner.” he responded without looking at her.

“Okay. But where are you taking me to?.” She asked again.

“Its a surprise.” he said with a smile.

As soon as they got to his favorite restaurant almost outside of town, he parked in the parking lot and they walked inside.

“Hi, good evening. Am Rita and what can we offer you?.” A waitress approached them as soon as they took their seats.

“Just water for now.” Louisa said to her.

“Same thank you.” Steve also said.

The waitress walked in the direction of the counter and silence was soon enveloped between Louisa and Steve again.

“Is something going on? It's like there is a lot on your mind and you keep looking away when I look at you.” Louisa enquired now worried about the situation at hand.

“I need to talk to you about something urgent and I hope you can forgive me.”

“What happened?”

“Let me get straight to the point. Am in love with someone else Louisa.” He said to her avoiding her gaze.

“What!!!? Since when?” Louisa asked.

“A long time now and am really sorry....”

“You know what never mind.” Louisa cut Steve off before he could finish his statement. “ I've also been in love with someone else too so let's just say we were using each other.”