~𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆~

(TW:// degrading thoughts)

Aizawa pov:

I failed him.

Im supposed to be an underground hero.

I was trained to deal with stuff like this.

I was trained to know when someone feels like this.

he was showing clear signs.

it was so obvious.

I-

I should have known.

that was the only thing running through my mind as we dropped Eri off at the neighbours place and rushed into the ambulance with Bakugo.
The whole ride there was pure torture. I didnt want to loose him but he was loosing so much blood.

I'm so dumb. I never should have left him behind in the state he was in.

I choked in another sob as I felt an arm slide around my waist.
I turned my head to see Zashi comforting me with a hug, and almost as if he had read my thoughts, he started speaking.

"it's fine Sho.

it's not your fault.

don't blame yourself.

you wouldn't have known.

he hid it too well.

he'll be fine. "

He spoke words of comfort the whole journey to the hospital.
__________

Hizashi pov:

Sho was crying the whole ride to the hospital. He probably thought this was his fault.
I need to comfort him somehow.
I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him into a hug.
I spoke words of comforts hoping to calm him down but I could still feel him choking back his sobs and trying not to cry.

As soon as we reached, Bakugo was rushed into the Emergency Care Unit with recovery girl. Sho tried to enter too but recovery girl stopped him.

"we can't have too many people in there right now. Don't worry about him, he'll be fine"

I saw fear covered Sho's face as he realised he couldn't be with Bakugo.
He tugged on my sleeve, new tears starting to enter his eyes.

"z-zashi I p-promised him I would always b-be with him and I-
I c-can't do that now. I-it's happening again and- and I can't save h-him"

it hurt me to see the pain in his eyes. He had promised the same thing to someone a long time ago and he wasn't able to keep the promise. He was probably feeling deja vu.

"Sho look at me"
I held his chin and turned his head to look into my eyes.

"Sho, it wasn't your fault. What happened to Oboro. There was nothing we could have done to prevent it. You were there for him throughout, you have no reason to feel guilty.

Bakugo is the strongest boy I know. His resolve is as strong as yours. he'll be up and fighting in no time, don't you worry." Sho sniffed and nodded his head, but he was still crying.

as tears started to form in my eyes from the lost memories, I nodded to recovery girl to go back to Bakugo. She gave me a knowing glance and exited the room.
I hugged Sho tightly and let him sob into my shoulder. I couldn't bare to see him like this.
He's only been like this two times before. Once with Oboro and once with Eri.

Soon, Sho passed out on my lap in the waiting room. Of course he had, he'd just seen one of his closest students almost die. He'd been crying for over an hour. His adrenaline must have been the only thing keeping him awake.