week ten

I glance back at Calum, his face looks worried. It always look worried when he drops me off at a party. He should know by now I'll be fine. I always am. He's probably mad too because we were supposed to watch movies at his house. But I'm young, I have my whole life to be boring.

I just want to have fun.

Plus, today has been awful. Dad came home for the first time in months and expected all of us to just be so happy to see him. I can still see him being held back from slapping my mother in the face. I'm such a coward. Just standing back and never standing up for anyone.

If I hadn't left the house, I probably would have been the next to get a bruisin. He's never been afraid to hurt us. Physically and emotionally. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up. Whatever. I take a deep breath and enter the crowded house.

Kids pack every inch and it's a scene I'm used to. I shove my way into the back yard and find my ¨friends,¨ although that's a rough term considering the only girl friend, Hales, that I have is pretty much licking my ex's whole face.

I walk up to the drunk group of six, they all shout my name in excitement except Hales who sneers. I just laugh and down the shots shoved my way. Normally I would at least manage the amount of toxins entering my body, but not tonight.

I can feel it, tonight is different.

The hours race by and I soon find myself in the dimly lit bathroom trying not to lose all the alcohol I had drowned myself in. I perch my elbows on the toilet seat, appreciative that I found a secluded bathroom in the basement.

After the nausea subsides without puking, I sit against the door. My head pounds and spins, but it's nice since I can't remember why I was so upset earlier. I giggle as I stare at the cottage cheese ceiling.

Some disgusting rap music that Calum hates to love plays above my head. With each beat, the bass rattles the swinging light above me. The door behind me suddenly bursts open shoving me away from it and landing face down on the tile.

I think I might be angry but then I just find it funny, ¨heyyyyy,¨ I laugh at the unseen stranger.

I feel arms scoop me up into a hug and I breathe in the familiar cologne of my ex boyfriend Ricky. When I don't pull away he places me on the cold counter. My fuzzy mind tells me to kiss him, even though it knows he screwed my only girl friend while we were dating.

I don't have to take the first action though when he aggressively slams his face against mine. His hands travel up and down my body. It feels wrong, but good. I know he's with Hales, but I had him first.

He kisses my neck and whispers how he's missed me.

I stay silent though, because I haven't missed him. I don't even care about this boy.

But I don't stop him and its too late by the time Hales bursts into the basement bathroom I'm on my knees practically naked while Ricky stands above me. I hear Hales scream ¨YOU WHORE,¨ and then I get shoved to the floor. She's right.

My drunken state causes me to laugh. Even as the hypocrite throws glass objects shattering around me. I open my eyes and see her, wide eyed and a raging red color, screaming foul things, causing me to laugh more.

Ricky avoids us and quickly leaves the room, taking his clothes with him. I stand up slowly and walk right past her and up the stairs, pulling on my tshirt and jeans along the way. Wide eyed strangers stare but I don't care. Halfway out of the front door I feel hands push my back until I find myself on the ground again. This time I'm pissed.

I get up quickly, wiping my muddy hands on my jeans. Hales looks at me with a smug look, and I hate smug looks. So I act without thinking. I charge towards her and tackle her like I've seen in countless numbers of football games.

People cheer as I straddle her body and begin hitting her face, until I can tell I've left a mark. I try to get up but she pulls me back down and scratches at my face.

¨You hypocritical bitch,¨ I shout as I attempt to get free.

¨Shut up whore,¨ she says as she tugs my ponytail dragging my head in the mud.

My legs push her off of me and I slap her, ¨he only came back to me because clearly you don't satisfy him.¨

I look around as I hold her face to the ground, a large group circles around us and then disperses quickly as cops rush into the area. I look at myself on top of Hales and then back at them running towards me. I get off of her and stand up, quickly walking away. I hear her then scream for help from the cops but I'm already in the crowd. I break for the street but an officer waits out there. He stops me because I'm bloody and half dressed.

Sympathy and then caution crosses his face and before you know it I'm in the back of a police car with the badly beaten Hales getting drove to the station.

We're released within an hour because we both were hitting each other and I'm figuring that our parents paid them off. I know I'm right when my Mom meets me outside the small station in her new BMW. I don't say a word on the way home and neither does she.

She's never been the type to punish me, the only thing she says is ¨You look like shit,¨ as we pull into our 6 car garage filled with expensive gifts my dad gives me mom everytime he gets caught cheating. I see a new jet ski with fresh gasoline next to it, informing me he bought it today. I give her a concerned look but she has no expression on her face other than disgust.

¨Don't judge me you little spoiled brat,¨ she huffs while turning off the car and fixing her hair ¨I just bailed you out from jail for getting in a whore fight and I can still smell cheap liquor on your breath. We're better than cheap liquor darling.¨ I rush into the house before she sees me cry but I know this night's hell isn't over.