week one part three

The shiny black truck slowly pulls to the other side of the road and rolls down the drivers seat window revealing the driver.

¨Having trouble?¨ The dirty blonde haired boy asks in a genuinely kind tone.

I hate asking for help, hate it. So I shy back away crossing my arms over my body, biting my tongue from nerves. I look to the lightly smoking engine and nod looking down, ¨It just stopped working.¨ I mumble.

The boy jumps down from the truck and I am caught off guard by how tall and broad shouldered he is. His look is not ¨country¨ at all like a regular Georgian.

He wears tight black skinny jeans and a quarter length black and white shirt. Without another word from me he walks to the bed of his truck and pulls out a fully equipped tool-chest. I step aside from my car and he sets the tools on the ground to examine the engine.

Hesitantly I ask, ¨Do you know what you're doing?¨

He chuckles, I don't know why but he does, then closes the truck's hood, ¨Of course I know what I am doing, but I have bad news..." he trails off.

My eyes widen in concern.

¨There's nothing I can do with these,¨ he says motioning to the tools ¨to fix that old piece of crap.¨

My face falls in disappointment. Great I am stranded who the hell knows where; to think that I could actually have a decent day. Nope guess not.

The boy walks to his truck and gets in starting it up. I go to the back of my truck and slam on the bed of it clearly pissed off. I stomp to the front seat of my truck and plop down.

A minute later and I look over to see the boy's window rolled down looking at me, I crank down the old window and give him a funny look.

¨What? You can leave...¨ I shout over his loud music.

¨What are you talking about, get in here I'll take you where you need to go.¨

I laugh, ¨With a stranger? Hell no.¨

¨Don't be like that, you're a stranger too.¨

He's right, and if I don't go with him my Aunt will be so worried... more than she probably already is.

I grab the bag of clothes from the passenger side and go to his truck.

I get in and buckle up, ¨No funny business.¨ I mutter.

¨Pinky promise,¨ He smiles. I notice from the corner of my eye in the darkness of the night that he has a lip ring that he bites often like I bite my tongue. His blue eyes reflect the lights in the car.

¨Do I need to give you directions?¨ I ask later in the drive realizing he must have no idea where to go and we're just driving down a road that leads to nowhere.

I see him smirk in a suspicious way, ¨No I'm a psychic,¨ the boy says.

I give him a look and an unintentional sassy remark, ¨Yeah and I'm a princess.¨

He looks over at me ¨I'd believe it.¨

I roll my eyes as we take a right onto another road, which surprisingly is the correct way to go. We simultaneously glance at each other, me with confusion, him with hilarity.

Something about him is interesting. I can't tell if it is just the fact that he is extremely good looking or that he is mysterious. I don't know what has gotten into me with him either, I went from this shy nervous girl to extremely sassy in seconds.

Either way it's the first time I have been alone with a boy my age in a year and it's uncomfortable.

We continue driving down the dark road for 10 minutes and surprisingly we pull into the correct long drive path to my Aunt's plantation.