week ten part two

A/N

HI LAST CHAPTER WAS A FLASHBACK FOR IZZY IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR REACTIONS/GUESSES/OPINIONS. THANKS ILYSM XOXO

I wake up with cool sweat dripping down my forehead. I look at the clock, 6 pm on Monday night. These dreams won't go away. It's like my mind won't let me forget anything. C'mon brain, I'm not that same selfish girl, you should know better. I laugh at myself, shaking my bed head ponytail loose into a wild mane.

With barefeet I stroll to the bathroom and begin getting ready for dinner. Halfway through blow drying my hair, my phone rings on the counter. I flip my blonde hair back and I sit on the toilet cover and answer my phone.

¨Hello?¨

¨Izzy!¨

¨Hey lulu,¨ I say. I came up with that nickname a couple days ago.

¨I haven't heard from you since friday! Whats going on?¨ She asks worried.

I laugh, ¨Not much, just having family time. It's nice.¨

¨Well that was fast.¨

¨What was fast?¨

¨You and Luke are already calling each other family, does that mean you're married? Why wasn't I invited. I'm hurt.¨

I laugh and begin brushing my teeth, pausing to respond to her, ¨As if, I meant Ashton and Shyla idiot.¨

¨Hey now, if anyones an idiot its Michael, I was simply just sharing his view on how he thinks you and Luke belong together.¨

¨Yeah he's an idiot.¨

¨My idiot,¨ I hear her smile to herself while saying it.

¨Yeah yeah.¨

¨So maybe you aren't dating, so what are you guys?¨

I've asked myself the same question for the past couple days. It's Monday, so it's been six days since Luke has touched me. And I can't help but wonder if he only held me for comfort or if it meant something more. And if it meant something more, why has he barely looked at me since the hospital.

He's constantly either with Ashton and Michael, doing labor intensive work for the bed & breakfast, or he's writing music, according to Ash. Although I have yet to hear even one note come from that boy.

¨Co workers,¨ I huff ¨maybe friends.¨

¨Hmm, complicated,¨ she whispers. I can tell she wants to say something but is holding back.

¨What Lu, I can tell you want to say something.¨

¨Well...¨

¨Spill! What's going on, he's been acting so weird. You know how we almost kissed? Now it's like he barely looks at me.¨

¨Well that exactly it,¨ she responds after a few silent seconds. I walk to my room with the phone pressed against my ear.

¨What's 'exactly it'?¨ I ask as I put the phone on speaker and scavenge for my lotion beneath my messy room.

Her voice fills my room, ¨He doesn't want to look at you or touch you or kiss you because he doesn't want to ruin your friendship. He thinks he'll lose you.¨

¨I'm scared too, I don't even know how I feel. I think for one minute I want to just be platonic, but another minute I just want to rip off his,¨ a knock of my door stops me mid-sentence and I turn to see my cousin with arms crossed perched against the door, a huge smile plastered ear to ear.