Chapter 1 - Tracing The Breeze

There is once a small peaceful and idyllic suburban town, in the south east part of Windwail Highland, Mondstadt. It was a town that has a long history of hunting, of sweet spring water, and of passing down the legend of a beneficent spirit dwelling within the waters.

The atmosphere is peaceful, the soft gentle wind blows the windmills, small children play chasing each other while laughing, a lot of ladies are talking while cooking for their husbands who work in the market or farm. It's a really peaceful morning in this small town...

"STOP RIGHT THERE!!"

"Catch me if you can~ Whoops!"

"KYAA!!"

Nevermind, looks like this morning will start off with a bit of a fuss, a little bit different from usual. The guards are seen chasing a young boy that has two tiny teal horns in his head. His teal eyes shine with mischievous joy while he keeps jumping around from one building to another building to escape from the pursuit of the guards. The boy has long-ish black hair. It is messily tied into two braids that faded into a pretty teal in the tips of his braids, the same colour as his eyes.

"Aw come on can't catch up with me, eh?" He says as he starts climbing onto one of the roofs of the town's bakery store. "Oh, bread! I happen to be hungry. I'll take it~"

"HEY!! THIEF!"

"Thank you~" He winks at the owner as he continue to climb the roof of the bakery he just stole, totally ignoring the screams of annoyance from the owner.

"Stop right there!"

"Oh, thank god you are here! Help, there is a boy who just stole my bread!"

"Don't worry, sir. We're gonna capture and punish the kid. He has already made a big fuss for stealing clothes." Says one of the guards while calming the baker.

"Oh yes. Thank you, guards."

"Punish? All this for a loaf of bread and some clothes?" The young boy says while looking at the bread in his hand. "Are you kidding me? Didn't you have like a thousand pieces of bread and clothes? Why don't you share a little for this little broke boy?"

"Shut up, you rat thief! Come down here and surrender yourself." Says one of the guards while pointing the spear to the boy's direction.

"With that attitude?" The young man raises one of his eyebrows. "Yeah interesting offer but no thank you." Says the young boy as his eyes begin to dart around him, looking for an opportunity to escape these stupid and slow in the head guards.

"Well don't blame us if we need to hurt you, little rat. Anyway you don't have nowhere to go, you are already surrounded!" Says one of the guards with confidence and pride, followed with the laugh by his comrade.

"Little rat? Excuse me, are you guys blind? Can't you see there are literally horns in my head?" Says the boy in annoyance, puffing out his cheeks.

"Ckckck mortals totally don't have an attitude." He says while shaking his head.

"Says you who stole from people!"

"Hush we don't talk about that, okay?" He says playfully. "Well anyway~ I already got the stuff that I want so..." The boy smirks at the guards. "Thank you for the stuff and see ya~" As he says, he starts running really fast on the roof.

"Hey, hey! He is trying to run away! Keep surrounding the building he can't run away since he needs to jump down anyway! Don't let him get away!"

The boy accelerated his run and when he reached the end of the roof he immediately jumped.

"Oh my god he's gonna die if he jumps from that high!"

"What the- don't suicide in front of the children!"

Hearing all the stupid and nonsense scream from the people in that town, the boy just smile. "Who says I'm gonna jump down? Wouldn't flying be faster?"

As soon as he says that there are mighty and graceful green teal wings appear behind his back. "Here we go!" He says as he summons a Wind Domain and stretches his gorgeous wing, launching himself into the air. "Goodbye and hope we don't meet again next time!" He says while riding along with the wind and flies away.

"Damn it, he managed to run away. That little scandalous rat." Says one of the guards in annoyance as he stared at the small dragon boy figure that was starting to fade away.

"Who says he managed to run away?"

There is a firearm that is pointing towards the little boy.