Chapter 4 - Tracing The Breeze

Well... I guess I gonna double update
Since I kinda forget to upload in wattpad LOL
Well enjoy the chapter 3 and 4!!

.
.
.

"So care to explain now, Xiao?" Finally Zhongli decides to break the awkward and silent atmosphere.

Zhongli feels a little bit guilty towards his students for being caught in this situation but fate said otherwise.

"Hmph. I was walking around all the way to Windrise."

"Oh.. How is it?"

"Everything is still the same except the statue of the seven." Xiao recalls how the statue of seven used to look thousand years ago. It is totally opposite with what he saw earlier. "Yeah, there are only ruins left." He says with implied sadness.

"Okay and then?"

"I heard a gunshot."

"Gunshot? In the middle of Windrise?" Zhongli raises one of his eyebrows but still doesn't take his eyes off the street.

"Yes. With the help of the wind, I found the dragon, injured."

"Victim from the gunshot?" Zhongli glances briefly in the rearview mirror, sees the dragon seem like suffering pain in the lap of his students. He returned his focus to the road.

"Most likely."

"Poor creatures."

"Hmph."

And their conversation ends. They are back to the silence again.

Xiangling, Xingqiu, and Chongyun keep looking at each other. Their brains are still trying to process what has happened in the past hour. They feel like they are suddenly living in another world.

Xingqiu is the first one that collects his mind and calms down. He looks at the dragon's wings. He grimaces and feels pity since it looks really bad and hurts. "Mr Zhongli?"

"Yes, Xingqiu?"

"May I help clean this dragon's wound? I always carry a medical kit with me." Xingqiu says as he opens his sling bag and takes out a medicine kit.

"This is a dragon not a toy, kid." Xiao huffs softly and he can feel that Zhongli is totally not impressed with his behaviour.

"Xingqiu's mother is the best doctor in Liyue and he learns it from the best. We know that he can do it if he says so right, Xiangling?" Chongyun defends Xingqiu bravely. Although he is still afraid of Xiao and the dragon in his lap, no one should doubt his best friend. Even Mr. Xiao.

"Yeah!" Xiangling nods and totally agrees with Chongyun.

"Guys.."

"Fine, do as you want. Don't mess it up." Xiao says while looking outside of the window.

"Thank you and I will try my best. Xiangling and Chongyun, help me please."

"You can count on us!"

Xingqiu, Xiangling, and Chongyun start their first aid to the dragon. Xingqiu is slowly wiping the wound on the dragon's wing softly with cotton, making sure it doesn't get infected and then bandaging it while Chongyun and Xiangling help by holding the dragon body and wing to stable.

"He looks calmer." Xiao suddenly says when they finish giving first aid to the dragon. "At least you didn't make a mess."

"Ehem.." Zhongli coughs softly. "What my dear friend meant to say is, thank you and you are doing an excellent job."