Chapter 2 - Not a Violent Whisper

Zhongli wakes up early in the morning with a noisy alarm that keeps beeping from his bedside table. He groans softly as he sits up at the edge of the bed while his right hand hits the alarm clock, turning it off.

5 AM in the morning. A new day back to his daily life, as a history teacher. He yawns softly as he stretches his arms and back.

After a while of gathering his consciousness, he stands up and opens the window curtains that are located above his worktable. He opens the glass windows, letting all the new fresh air fill his bedroom. He closes his eyes and feels the cool breeze of wind sweep along his skin.

Another day, Another Chance, and Another Blessing in Life. 

/(>w<)/ \(>w<)\ /(>w<)/ \(>w<)\ /(>w<)/

After finishing his morning routine, Zhongli walks into the kitchen. He opens the kitchen's door thinking that he will see Xiao there.

Xiao always wakes- no nevermind. Xiao doesn't even sleep since he is an Adeptus, and Adeptus doesn't sleep according to him. Xiao usually spends his night either going outside to train his martial arts since both of them don't want Xiao to break their house furniture. 

Because of that reason as well, usually when he enters the kitchen, he will be greeted with a view of Xiao preparing breakfast and lunch boxes that they can bring to the school later. But for the first time they lived together for years, today Zhongli is greeted with an empty kitchen. No sight of Xiao.

"This is something new…" Zhongli mutters softly under his breath. 

He thinks for a while, calmly. He decides that he is going to Xiao's bedroom first, maybe he gets wasted for the first time? 

Zhongli is aware that Xiao likes to drink dandelion wine, especially when he feels too much emotion or feeling. But he never drinks until he gets wasted, especially since Xiao is aware that he is a lightweight drinker and also a responsible drinker. 

But there is always the first time for everything?

"Xiao?" Zhongli knocks softly on Xiao's bedroom door. He waits for some time, but no answer.

This made him more worried, especially since Xiao has a really sharp hearing as well. But still Xiao is an adeptus so he will be fine... right?

Zhongli takes a deep breath. He needs to be calm at this. He turns his back, wanting to check the living room but before he leaves there, his eyes look at the guest room that is located right in front of Xiao's bedroom. Zhongli feels like there is something he forgets and it has something to do with this room.

Zhongli decides that there is no harm in checking their guest room first so he opens the door softly and he smiles softly seeing the sight in front of him.

Venti is still sleeping peacefully and soundly while hugging his pillow in a sideways position facing Xiao who is sitting on the floor, sleeping in a sitting position while folding his hand in front of his chest. 

Zhongli can't hold his smile. He totally won't miss a chance at this moment. He takes his phone and snaps a picture. 

Oops.. He forgets to mute the voice.

"... hmph?" Xiao slowly wakes up and Zhongli immediately hides his phone.

Xiao pauses for a moment, probably trying to gather his memories and the current situation. He notices Zhongli's presence and he looks at him with a totally confused look.

"Good morning, Xiao." Zhongli greets him with a soft smile.

"Morning.." Xiao says softly and sleepy as he yawns, still gathering his mind. It's been a long time since he slept. He forgets that he always feels like this every time he wakes up from sleeping.