Chapter 4 - Not a Violent Whisper

The room feels very peaceful and quiet. There is only the sound of handwriting, the sound of boiling hot water, and the sound of the ticking from the big grandfather clock in that room.

A young lady with medium-length gold-blind hair tied back into a ponytail with a black bow sits in the middle of the room, sitting in a work chair while focusing on her work. 

Her gray-blue eyes seem so serious. Her hands keep moving, preparing and writing down some important notes that she has to say and mention for the emergency meeting she is going to lead later. Her work table is full of piles of paper, books, and her laptop. There are also several photo frames. She is really focusing on her work.

The sound of boiling water stops as a young lady with light honey-brown hair tied in a loose side ponytail pours the hot water into the teapot. She hums a soft lullaby in a happy tone as she brewing tea, her mood seems good.

When she is done with it, she puts the teapot with two teacups on the tray and brings it to the wooden table in the middle of the room, where the young lady who is busy with writing is working.

"Here, take some break first, Jean." She says softly as she gently pushes a pile of papers aside and puts the tray in there. "It will relax your mind and yourself."

"Ah. Thank you, Lisa". The young lady called Jean smiles softly at her secretary. 

"No problem. It's my pleasure to take good care of you." Lisa replies softly as she pours tea into both of their cups.

Jean stretches her stiff body then she looks at Lisa who is pouring tea into her teacup. "Aww.." Jean's eyes shine with a bit of disappointment as she looks at the teacups. "But I prefer coffee." Jean mumbles softly.

"Ah uh, no." Lisa shakes her head, not in agreement. "You already have two cup of coffee today, Jean. You can use your puppy eyes on your husband but not on me, my dearest friend." Lisa says as she puts Jean's teacup in front of her.

"But I need coffee to-"

"Jean, no. That is enough coffee for now, okay?" She smiles softly as she blows the hot tea softly. "Relax. Take a deep breath." Lisa can see that Jean follows her words, taking a deep breath, trying to relax herself. 

"You are not alone, Jean. You have a lot of people supporting you from behind." Lisa says as she sips her tea, enjoying chamomile tea.

Jean silence for a bit as she looks at the tea in her cup. She can see her own reflection from it and she smiles softly at it, remembering all the things she has been through in her life.

"Seeing how hard you work makes even me help you out." Lisa chuckles softly as she thinks about herself. "Probably my young self totally won't believe that in the future I will be secretary of a big school."

"But you don't have to."

"I know." Lisa hums softly as Jean looks at her with confused looks. "But I can't let my dearest friend be alone facing this all, am I right?" Lisa says as she puts her teacup on the table and puts both of her hands on her waist. "We are facing all of this together, am I not the best person in your life?"

"Thank you, Lisa." Jean smiles softly as she takes her teacup and drinks it. It makes her feel more relaxed. "But my sunshine is the best person in my life." Jean says as she smiles teasingly at Lisa. 

Lisa rolls her eyes at that. "Of course, of course." She smiles softly. "Klee probably is still playing with Albedo right now. It's good to see both of them grow up really close with each other."

"Yeah, you are right. It's been 7 years since that day happened." Jean hums softly as she looks at her photo frames. There are pictures of her wedding days, holidays with her family, and pictures when she was less than 7 years old with her childhood friends. Lisa notices that Jean is staring at their childhood photos and her eyes soften.