Chapter 6 - Tracing The Breeze

After deciding to let the young dragon take his time for changing clothes, Ganyu goes around Xiao and Zhongli's apartment. This is her first time in their apartment and meets Xiao for several years after he decided to move away from Liyue.

She never asked the reason why he moved because she felt it was a bit rude to ask his seniors and also Xiao probably didn't like his personal life to be interfered with or asked.

Ganyu then passes the living room and there she sees Zhongli sitting on the sofa opening an album book with his three students around him. They look so enthusiastic and excited that they don't even notice Ganyu's presence.

She doesn't know why but she feels warm and familiar from Zhongli, like she knew him for a really long time ago. Maybe they accidently met or maybe she met his reincarnation, who knows?

After a while Ganyu notices Xiao is not in the living room anymore.

Where is he?

Ganyu continues to look around his apartment. She likes the design of their apartment which is a mix of traditional Liyue and modern Mondstadt. Somehow it looks really nice.

Her feet carry her along their apartment until she hears some noises that she assumes is coming from the kitchen. Maybe Xiao is in the kitchen.

"Xiao?" She opens the closed kitchen door. "Are you- uhuk-"

"Ganyu, are you okay?" Xiao raises one of his eyebrows then takes a glass and fills it with tap water. He gives it to Ganyu. "Here, water."

She immediately drinks the water and starts calming down.

"I am fine, I am fine..." She says after she stops coughing. "B-but, Xiao. What with that apron?" Ganyu tries her best to not burst into laughter.

She never imagined in her life that she would see Xiao, her senior, the conqueror of demons, end up in the kitchen wearing a cute lace pink apron. Also the writing in the apron doesn't make it better either.

'I stabbed my enemies with kitchen knife'

Yeah. She totally can see that happening, not gonna lie.

"?" Xiao looks at his apron and realizes what Ganyu means. "I get so used to this apron that sometimes I forget what it says." He facepalms but Ganyu can see that his cheeks are red.

Xiao be flustered? Cute! She notes that for herself.

"Did you bou-"

"No. Unacceptable. How can you think I, me buying this?" Xiao said as he put his hand on his waist.

"I mean I never imagined in my life I would see you in the kitchen wearing an apron." Ganyu says bluntly without thinking.

Both of them widened their eyes when they realized what Ganyu just said. Xiao is taken aback by Ganyu's bluntness and Ganyu realizes that she has just been rude to Xiao.

"I-I am sorry! I didn't mean it like that." She says while bowing, feeling guilty.

"I-" Xiao blinks a couple times and then smiles softly. "You have a point there, Ganyu." Xiao pats Ganyu's head. "No need to be formal. We are friends not partners anymore, okay?" He shrugs it off easily as he continues preparing dinner, leaving Ganyu in her own mind, shocked.