Chapter 10 - Tracing The Breeze

"For thence flows the freedom of Mondstadt.

When days become nights and faces fill with despair,

Never forget the heroic tales of Vennessa, the dame with the flaming hair.

Never cease to pursue freedom, even when the land is bare.

and that's the second volume of the Legend of Vennessa." Zhongli says as he closes the book.

"So what happened to Lady Vennessa after that?" Venti asks while tilting his head in confusion.

"I remember I read it somewhere that she end up turn into a bird for wa-"

"A birb!?" Xiangling says cutting Xingqiu off. Her eyes sparkled with excitement, probably Xiangling with her food imagination again.

"What is a birb?" Venti asks innocently. "Is that a creature or a food?"

"Venti can you just ignore what Xiangling says, please?" Chongyun says while smiling softly but his eyes totally not stare deathly at Xiangling, not at all.

"Oh okay." Venti blinks a couple times and decides to shrug it off. "Mr. Zhongli, has Lady Vennessa really turned into a bird?"

"Yes, actually." Zhongli says as he puts the book back into his bookshelf. "It is said that at the end of her life, she ascended to Celestia at Windrise and took the form of a falcon. Afterwards-"

Chongyun decides to talk about what happened earlier since it bothers him that he can't really focus on Zhongli storytelling. He looks at Xiangling who looks like she doesn't do anything wrong.

Annoyed, Chongyun just grabs Xingqiu's book from his hand and hits Xiangling's head softly with it.

"Auch!?" She puts her hand in her head and then looks at Chongyun with 'what the fuck?' and 'what is your problem?'.

"Stop teaching Venti weird and gibberish words." Chongyun whispers softly with a warning tone to Xiangling to make sure Venti doesn't hear it.

"Aww fine." She says in disappointment. "I will try my best but no promises." She says while giggling idly and Chongyun rolls his eyes. 

Why does he have a friend like this once again?

"Ah, Ms. Ganyu." Zhongli immediately greets her when he sees Ganyu and Xiao follow her from behind walking into the living room. "And Xiao. Already finished with the kitchen I see." He says as he gets soft nods by Xiao as the answer.

"We are having a storytelling session.. This time, it's about the history of Mondstadt. Will you join us, Ms. Ganyu?" Zhongli offers nicely while picking a new history book for him to read to his students.

Ganyu's eyes perk up a little bit hearing that. "I would love that. Ah.. But.." She looks at the clock in the living room.

"I need to go back to Liyue since tomorrow morning I have an important meeting." She sighs sadly.

"That's unfortunate." Zhongli says in a slightly disappointed tone. "But perhaps.. Be my guest on the next occasion once you revisit Mondstadt in the future?" 

Ganyu's eyes perk up with happiness again hearing Zhongli's suggestion. "Yes, I would love to."

"Then it settled. Look forward to having you as our honorary guest, Ms. Ganyu." Zhongli seems happy that there are more people interested in his storytelling.

Xiao clears his throat. "It's past ten already. The kids need to go back home now as well or they are going to be late for school tomorrow." And he can clearly hear all his students sound disappointed and make a tiny bit of protest.