Chapter 7 - Tracing The Breeze

"Venti?"

The young boy looks at the voice source. He sees a young man and somehow he feels familiar with him but he can't remember that they ever met each other, had they met before he slept for 100 years?

"Umn, Xiao? Who is Venti?" Ganyu asks, confused.

That brings the young boy and man back to reality.

"Oh, Venti seems like a name that suits him well." Xiao saya nervously and seems to avoid eye contact with Ganyu. He is still not used to lying.

"Venti? Hmn.." Ganyu looks at the young boy who also looks at her back. "It doesn't sound bad but where does that come from, Xiao?"

"I- uh..." Xiao stares at Zhongli and Zhongli totally can feel Xiao keeps staring at him. If he keeps doing that, there is gonna be hole in his back.

Zhongli looks back at Xiao and he can see Xiao makes a signature for help. Zhongli sighs softly.

"Well probably because he sees that this young boy is sweet and cute like his favorite drink. So he just blurted it out like that." Zhongli says easily while winking at Xiao, telling that he got him but that totally doesn't help him at all.

Xiao is literally dying inside, his face flustered. He doesn't know whether he should thank or kill Zhongli for that. Not like he is wrong. He does look cute and sweet especially with that oversized hoodie... wait what?

"Oh, okay." Ganyu blinks a couple times, processing Zhongli's answer.

"Well..." She looks at the young boy. "What do you think? Do you like being called Venti?" She is totally clueless about the flirt that Zhongli points out.

"Venti.." He mumbles softly and thinks about it. "Yeah, I do love it, sis!" The young boy says happily and cheerfully. "I finally have a name, yeay!"

"Uhuk-"

Everyone immediately looks at Xiao who is drinking water after choking.

"Xiao, are you okay? You're acting a little weird today...?" Ganyu looks at him worriedly.

"Uhh I-I am fine." He says while coughing softly and covers his mouth with his right palm, his face is red.

"Are you sure? Your face is red, Xiao. Are you sure you are not sick or anything?" Ganyu is totally worried about Xiao.

"Do not worry, Ms. Ganyu." Zhongli says softly while looking at the young boy who is gonna be called as Venti from now on and then back to Xiao. "My dear friend just has a little... Ehem.." Zhongli clears his throat.

"Gay panic." Zhongli mumbles really softly that no one can hear except Xiao since he really has a sharp hearing.

"You, shut your mouth, Zhongli!" Xiao groans in annoyance and embarrassment, he is totally flustered and him in the same room with Zhongli right now doesn't help at all, it even makes it worse.

"Fine, fine, I won't tease you anymore... For now." Zhongli winks at Xiao again, making Xiao really try himself not just yeet his roommate in his room and lock him there.

At the end, he just groans and continues preparing dinner while Zhongli just laughs in victory leaving all his students, Ganyu, and Venti confused about what just happened, especially Ganyu since she never saw Xiao act like that ever in her life. She really wonders how Mr. Zhongli can make a certain adeptus change so much.

"What is happening?" Xingqiu whispers to Xiangling and Chongyun which they reply with shrugs.

"Uhmm anyway..." Zhongli clears his throat to draw attention to him. "Ms. Ganyu, you should take a seat. It must be tiring for you to keep standing all this time." Zhongli stands up and then drags the chair next to him.