Chapter 1 - Not a Violent Whisper

It's just two of them in the same room. Venti is still staring at the door, even though he tries to hide it, Xiao knows that he is probably still sad that he has to part with Ganyu. Even though they just met, it seems that they have a very strong bond.

"What do you wa-" Xiao decides to make conversation first to make things less awkward but instead he gets cut off with Venti yawning.

"Ehe, sorry." Venti says with a bit of guilt. "What do you want to say again?"

"It's okay. Don't mind it." Xiao hums softly. "Tired?"

"Hmph…" Venti nods softly while rubbing his eyes and yawning again. It's been a really long day for him, especially with a lot to process in his mind.

"Follow me." Xiao starts walking and since Venti is already really tired, he just follows Xiao from behind.

"You already know this is-" Xiao says as he starts explaining some parts of the house. Venti doesn't really register it all since he is just sleepy and tired. The poor boy just wants to meet the fluffy place and sleep. 

"And this guest room is going to be yours from now on." Xiao says as they stopped in front of the teal door. Apparently that is what the colour is called, he learned from Chongyun earlier.

"This is my room." His room's door also has teal colour and directly across the room that Venti is going to occupy. "And that is Zhongli's room." Xiao points to the room next to his room on the right. "And that is the toilet. Make sure to brush your teeth before sleep. You can take the new bru-"

"Brush my teeth?"

"...yeah?" Xiao looks at Venti, confused as to why he asks such a simple thing until something clicks his mind. "... you don't know how to do it, are you?"

"What even is that anyway?" Venti blinks a couple times, looking at Xiao innocently. "Can I eat it?"

"...no. Don't even try." Xiao warns him softly.

"Oh okay." He silents for a bit and looks at Xiao innocently while tilting his head. "Is that something I really need to do?"

"Yes." 

"Ah okay." Venti looks at Xiao and the bathroom and back to Xiao again. He still totally looks so clueless and lost.

Xiao sighs deeply. "Fine.." He goes to the bathroom and opens the small cabinet that is located on top of the sink, takes a new toothbrush and an empty plastic cup.

"Let me teach you how." Xiao says as he gives the new toothbrush to Venti and takes his own toothbrush and plastic cup that is already placed above the sink. He fills the two cups with water.

Meanwhile, Venti examines the toothbrush. It looks so soft at the top. He wonders what the use of this thing is but base from the name probably it has something to do with teeth.

"So that is a toothbrush." Xiao says as he passes the cup that fills with water to Venti and then he takes something out from the shelf. "And this is toothpaste. You can always find it inside this small cabinet." Venti nods softly at that which Xiao takes as he understands.

"So you put this on top of your toothbrush." Xiao says as he unscrews the toothpaste and puts it on his and Venti's toothbrush.

Venti widens his eyes and then examines the toothpaste. It has teal colours as well and it smells like peppermint!

"You use that to brush your teeth, to make it clean." Xiao says simply.

"Okay." 

Thankfully Venti doesn't even bother to ask more and seems just to accept it. Xiao doesn't want to give a long explanation like how Zhongli gave him a long time ago to convince him to also brush his teeth. Waste of time.