Chapter 5 - Not a Violent Whisper

"Are you sure you'll be fine here alone?"

"Hmph!" Venti nods his head as he holds the chocolate milk and several packages filled with small pieces of apple pie that Xiao bought for him earlier from the cafeteria. "I will be fine!"

Xiao looks at Venti unsurely. He worries about leaving Venti all alone. "You're not going anywhere alone until Zhongli and I get back to pick you up?" 

"Yes, I will sit right here!" He says as he sits in the cafeteria. There are only some students in there, having their breakfast or some even seem like doing something with a book and pens. "I promise I won't go anywhere!" Venti adds it.

Xiao still looks unsure. He totally despises the idea of leaving Venti alone with his injured wing, especially this time Venti still doesn't know a lot of things, barely even. 

In the past, Xiao was always worried even though he knew his lover was Anemo Archon and he was very able to fight and protect himself. And now how can he not be more worried about him when he totally has this innocent and cute face as if he doesn't know how dangerous this world is. 

Uhhh, okay Xiao is getting distracted again…

Xiao's phone in his pocket vibrates, he takes his phone out and sees the short message from Zhongli about the meeting is about to start. Xiao sighs, he really has to leave Venti here alone since again it's not possible for them to bring Venti into the meeting room.

"Just call my name if anything happens.  I'll be here immediately, okay?" 

"Yes, yes." Venti nods surely. "Don't worry, I will be fine. Just go, Xiao!" 

"Fine."

Venti can see Xiao sigh softly before he watches him leave. Now that he thinks about it this is actually the first time he is not with Xiao after being rescued by him. 

But it's okay! Venti will be fine since again if anything happens he can just call Xiao and he will be there for him!

Venti doesn't think too much about it so he just starts opening the package of his apple pie. Venti wonders how Xiao knows that apple is his favorite but he is not going to protest it anyway not like it matters. 

He waits patiently there while enjoying the small pieces of apple pies. It tastes so good and sweet! He loves it. He notices that the cafeteria is getting more crowded as the time goes and some of them are pointing at him and staring at his horn and his injured wings but he decides to just ignore them and enjoy eating food.

"Wow Albedo gege look at him! He has horns and huge wings!" Venti glances his eyes at the source of the sound that comes from the siblings that are passing by his table.

"Klee, you shouldn't point at other people like that. It's impolite." Scolds the older brother softly to his little sister. He bows his head politely at Venti. "I am sorry for my little sister's behaviour." 

"Sorry." The little sister also follows up his older brother, bows her head politely to Venti, making Venti all confused since he doesn't understand what mistakes that they have made.

"It's okay. I don't bother at all." Venti says as he munches the apple pie while looking at both of them.

"Oh wait… Aren't you with Mr. Xiao and Mr. Zhongli?" Albedo says as he recognizes Venti's face when Klee accidentally bumps into Mr. Zhongli earlier in the morning.

"Yes?" Venti tilts his head in confusion. He doesn't remember meeting the two of them before in his life.

"Oh excuse me, I haven't introduced myself." Albedo bows his head politely again as he realizes that he makes Venti confused. "I am Albedo Ragnvindr, one of the students of the Favonius Highschool and this is my little sister."