Chapter 3 - Not a Violent Whisper

All of them have already finished eating their breakfast. Xiao is preparing stuff like documents and packing their lunch boxes that they need to bring to work later while Zhongli is getting the part to clean the kitchen. This has become their morning routine. Meanwhile Venti, still controlling the television remote, is now watching cartoons.

"Xiao.. We have to think about Venti's progression on education and activities. Do you have any idea?" Zhongli opens the conversation as he sees Xiao come back to the kitchen with their briefcase.

Hearing his name get mentioned immediately peaks Venti's attention from the television. "Me?" He points himself cluelessly.

"Yes, Venti, you." Zhongli says calmly. "It's just something that me and Xiao need to discuss. You can go back and watch your cartoons, don't worry about it." 

"Okay!" Venti is back at watching his cartoon again.

"Aren't we going to discuss that at the meeting in the school with the headmaster later?" Xiao says as he throws a tie at Zhongli which he immediately catches.

"Thank you." Zhongli can hear Xiao hums softly at that. "Ah, yes. However…" Xiao raises one of his eyebrows after hearing that while fixing his own tie.

"If no one is home when we leave for work, that means we will leave Venti alone in the house.." Zhongli can see Xiao's facial expression change from taking the information, processing it, and turning into a bit of panic. Seems like it's a bad idea to leave Venti alone at home seeing from Xiao expression. "Let's have some thoughts about that, shall we?"

"Yes." Xiao says immediately as he looks at Venti that still watches his cartoon with a really happy face. "We can't leave him alone at home or he might set fire out of curiosity."

Zhongli finds it amusing, as Xiao says from his own experience. He reads in some book that Anemo Archon is a free spirit that moves along the wind but seems like there is something more from that.

"Do you have any solution for that?" Zhongli starts wearing his tie as well. It looks great on both of them. Xiao doesn't answer Zhongli, it seems like he is clueless.

"What if we bring Venti to school with us?" Zhongli can see that Xiao's facial expression changes into disagreement. "Leaving him at the daycare can be a solution as well.. At least I am sure it is a better choice than to leave him alone at home."

Xiao silents and seems to think about every possibility. "Actually..." He says after thinking about it for a while. "The second idea is better."

"So daycare?"

"No." Xiao glares at Zhongli, totally not agreeing. Xiao doesn't want to imagine at all what would happen if they leave Venti to daycare. He doesn't know if he should feel sorry for Venti or the daycare if Venti still acts the same as the person he used to know. "I mean Venti is going with us to school. He can meet those kids from yesterday, he seems happy."

"Ah, yes, Xingqiu and his friends." Zhongli nods softly and he recalls his teaching schedule for today. Venti's attention back to Xiao and Zhongli conversation because he hears his new friends getting mentioned. "I have a schedule to teach their class after our meeting. With Mrs. Jean's permission.. I think Venti can join the class with them."

"I can meet them today, really!?" Venti is totally excited and enthusiastic about it. He totally wants to meet his new friend again.

Xiao hums softly at that. "You are going with us to visit the school you will attend for the next three years." Xiao puts Venti lunch boxes as well since he is clearly gonna join them now. "After your wing heals up of course for now you are just going to look around."