Chapter 3 - Tracing The Breeze

"Thank you for deciding to stay and help me clean up." Zhongli says as he puts his teacup and books into his bag.

They have already finished their history outdoor class. Most of his students have all gone home except his three students who decided to help him clean up after their picnic earlier.

"No problem at all, Mr. Zhongli. We gladly help." Chongyun says in a respectful tone as he helped Xiangling pick up the trash and clean up the leftovers from their picnic.

"Yeah! Also it's not like we have any plans for today." Xiangling nods, agreeing with Chongyun.

"So we decided to stay and help!" Xingqiu helps by rolling the mattress they were sitting on earlier. "After all, we are very happy and grateful for the story that Mr. Zhongli told us just now. They are so awesome!"

"I'm glad that all of you were entertained and fond of some of the old stories I just told. A lot of youngsters find it boring." Zhongli says as he sighs, remembering how many students he has found sleeping in his lessons or daydreaming.

"But Mr. Zhongli?"

"Yes, Xingqiu?"

"How does Mr. Zhongli know about the legend of the archon and adeptus? I've tried looking for it in bookstores around Liyue but they always say they're out of stock or they don't print that edition anymore." Xingqiu says in a disappointed tone and Chongyun just pats his shoulder.

"Hmn.. Let's just say I heard it from some friend that has lived for a really long time."

"Oohhh.."

Zhongli decides to change the subject since he doesn't want to accidently slip up and he looks at his watch. "Speaking of friends... Where is Xiao? He sure takes his time walking around." Zhongli says as he looks around, looking for his friend, but he can't see any sign of his appearance.

"Maybe Mr. Xiao has already gone home? Auch this is heavy." Xingqiu says while trying to lift the mattress roll.

"Let me help you, Xingqiu. Xiangling you can carry the picnic basket alone, right?" Chongyun looks at Xiangling who lifts Zhongli's picnic basket with ease.

"Of course I can. It's literally empty! Just go help your boyfriend." Xiangling blinks her right eye while giggling at the sight of her two childhood friends flustered.

"Once again we are not dating, Xiangling." Huff Chongyun while helping Xingqiu lift the mattress roll.

"...yet.." Xingqiu mumbled really softly to make sure no one could hear.

But Xiangling already knows the two of them. She reads them easily, as easy as falling off a log. Growing up with them, Xiangling knows that Xingqiu had feelings for Chongyun for ages. The problem is that Chongyun totally doesn't realize Xingqiu's feelings at all. He is too dense. He might not even notice or know his own feelings, ice head, Xiangling scolds Chongyun in her mind.

"Ah, young love." Zhongli smiles softly.

Zhongli looks around to make sure there isn't any trash or items left behind. Everything looked as clean as before they had the picnic.

"Great. Let's put this stuff in the car." Zhongli took the car keys from his bag. "Maybe Xiao is waiting there already."

"Okay!"

The four of them walked to where Zhongli had parked his car. During the trip, they talked a lot about history, Archon, vision, yaksha, ​​but what caught their attention the most was Zhongli and Xiao's friendship.

"Ah.. I still remember the time I met with Xiao." Zhongli smiles while reminiscing about it. "I was still really young at the time, even around your age." Zhongli says as he looks at his student who is looking at him curiously.