Chapter 9 - Tracing The Breeze

"When I saw you cooking earlier, I didn't think that you would be this good at it." Ganyu says as she sees Xiao start collecting the dirty plates on the dining table.

They have already finished their dinner. Zhongli already goes to the living room with Venti, Xingqiu, Chongyun, and Xiangling. The students want to hear more stories and see the album while Venti just joins in. Ganyu just company Xiao cleaning the dining table since he insists that he can do it by himself. She still sits at the dining table while watching Xiao.

"You dare to think my food's gonna taste terrible, Ganyu?" He says as he threw the leftover soup into the sink and then put it into the dishwasher.

"No no!" Ganyu immediately shakes her head and makes a no hand gesture. "I didn't mean it like that! What I mean is that it tastes amazing and I can't stop myself from eating it!"

"It reminds me about one time in the past when I got a little gift from Wanmin Restaurant. They gave me a special dish that I can't forget and it was really delicious." Ganyu is so excited to the point she just rambles everything out.

"I wish I could just eat your dishes everyday." She sighs deeply while fantasizing about herself eating Xiao's dishes.

"Just for reminding but the offer is still valid, Ganyu." Xiao says as he continues picking the dirty plates from the dining table.

"I need to feed Zhongli anyway so you can eat my dishes everyday as well if you take the offer. Our apartment has one unused room that we change into a guest room. You can take it as yours." He says as he walks back to the dishwasher and puts all the dirty empty plates there. "Zhongli will be really happy to have your company since it seems like you two get along really well earlier."

"Yeah, Mr. Zhongli is a really nice person. It will be a really lovely life." Ganyu says while making a soft smile.

She imagines herself sitting at the dining table everyday while waiting for what kind of tasty dishes Xiao is gonna make again. Talking and sharing random facts about life with Mr. Zhongli. A domestic mortal lives.

But then she realizes something and then sighs deeply while looking at her hands in disappointment. "But I can't do that because Liyue needs me."

"Do they?" Ganyu immediately falls silent when Xiao asks her back again.

"I-I am not sure.." Ganyu says, totally unsure.

This made her think back to hundreds of years ago when she felt that she was no longer needed by Liyue. But at that time she was made aware by the traveler and Paimon of her important presence and role in Liyue as an emissary and secretary for the Liyue Qixing.

But in recent years, this question has come back to haunt her again. Is her existence still needed in Liyue? Especially with modern changes where almost everything can be done with technology.

Not to mention that she also works undercover now at Liyue so that she can avoid the public spotlight as a half-human, half-adeptus who still has vision and lives for thousands of years. Ganyu is totally lost in her own mind now.

On the other side, Xiao puts all the rest of the dirty dishes into the dishwasher then he presses the button and the dishwasher starts washing everything that was placed in it.

After he makes sure everything is clean and the only thing he needs is to wait until the dishwasher finishes, he brings a tea set that he has already prepared before to the dining table and then takes a seat in front of Ganyu who still looks so confused and like questioning her whole life.

Xiao sighs softly and takes the teapot and pour the tea into two tea cups. It's an oolong tea made from Ruan Zhi or also known as Qingxin. Both of them are quite fond of this flower.