22 - Faded Memories

Hi! I'm updating this today because college is officially starting tomorrow, and I don't know when I'll be able to update again. Anyways... This is my favorite chapter! I just feel so much passion while writing this, I dunno. I hope you enjoy!

And of course, thanks to those who are supporting this story! Sana masarap ulam ninyo ngayon! I always love reading your comments, even if they're just random shits. HAHAHA. Love y'all!

PS. I've decided to do a MAJOR REVISE (chapter1 - chapter25) so expect to experience improved grammar, new scenes, and new perceptions(if you've decided to read this all over again)! But if you're new, then kindly disregard this note. ENJOY!!!(★‿★)

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO AND AOT

_____________________________

CHAPTER 22

She shook her head, blinking away all those recent emotions clouding her mind. She had to act normal, not here in an office with the two people who were watching her every move in secret. Yes, they may seem like they are finally loosening their guard on her ever since she woke up, but Sakura knows the truth.

She's a ninja herself, and a situation like this is very unlikely to happen. That's why she can understand whatever they do to her. But... of course, that still doesn't mean that she will always comply like it was nothing.

She snapped her head up and looked at Hange with a confused expression. "Why can't it be me?" She asked with regard to her last statement. "Wouldn't it be much easier if I were the one to be sent there? With all my abilities and stuff, I think we'll be able to capture the enemy in no time."

Hange gulped, nervously chuckling as she answered the teen. "W-well, you have a point... But, haven't you said earlier that they could hide their titan power or something, right? Besides, you need to be supervised because that's what was ordered." Sakura nodded, sighing because she already knew where this was going. "They are prepared. We cannot take the risk of letting you enter their lair. You're valuable to us, Sakura. You must always be kept under safe measures until they're all gone."

Sakura flinched as soon as Hange released those last words. "W-wha--?" Her eyes were still staring at the woman until it widened. Her heart was pounding hard in her chest as she pondered why she was reacting this way. Why... Why does it feel like she heard it before?

On the other hand, Hange mirrored Sakura's expression with pure worry. She took a very quick glance at Levi, only to see his raised eyebrow while he observed the girl's behavior. Looking back again at Sakura, Hange put her arms around the girl's shoulder, slightly shaking it to get her attention, but to no avail. "Hey! What's happening?!" Afraid that the same thing will happen as it did three years ago.

Sakura can now feel her whole body shaking. She's completely unaware of the intense stare that she's giving to Hange, because for her, it's like she's just staring at totally nothing. She can't even feel the grip on her shoulders and the confused look that they're giving her direction.

[They are all gone...]

Her breath quickened when a sudden voice echoed through her mind persistently. Painfully. It played continuously as if it wanted her to remember something. But she can't, and it's making her head hurt. She stumbled, finally losing all the strength that she'd been holding up, breaking eye contact and shutting it down with full force from the agony.

Levi, being a trained man as he is, caught Sakura in his arms even if there was a table separating them apart. Now, both he and Hange were now crouching at their knees to maintain the same head level as Sakura's. The girl in his arms was surprisingly heavy, no kidding, and he could no longer hold her up, so he carefully placed her on the ground.