An Elevator Ride To Another World

Skaven whistled in acknowledgment of Mana's clone, strutting up to the gathered squad of Stars. This could only have been a reaction to the fact that the magician had decorated her face with plasters. This was nothing compared to layers upon layers of bandages holding her middle section together like a sack.

"I thought you were studying Armor Ninjutsu–the one type of ninjutsu that would protect you from physical harm," Skaven said as Mana's shadow clone shuffled into the fray.

"Are you okay? If the training got this rough, maybe I should check up on you." Shige bit her index finger in worry.

"It's okay, the training has taken me longer than I had thought, but you were very persistent that we don't delay yesterday. It just so happens that I agree, human lives may be on the line, civilian ones at that. We need to push on with the investigation." Mana shook her head, speaking in a husky tone. Having lost a few pitches of her tone because of grunting and yelling in pain was a less expected morning outcome of her incomplete training.

"A Sannin's training is that tough, huh?" Damisan pat Mana on the back lightly. Despite resonating aches all over her rattled ribs, Mana faked a smile and nodded politely.

"She said she's fine. Let's leave it at that." Endo cut it short. "How about we focus on the task at hand? Talking the Seventh from another universe into giving us information."

"There's no reason he wouldn't tell us what we want to know–he has nothing to lose from the exchange. It's not his moon that we'll be going to." Skaven shrugged.

"That might not be the case. Lord Seventh has established a tight connection with the different universes during the Interuniversal and Intertemporal Chuunin Exams. The multiverse has formed a bond wider than ever before in human history with whole different universes looking out for one another." Shige-H said.

"Naruto-san is a kind and understanding leader. I'm sure we can find some common ground." Mana voiced her experiences with the man in question. The discussion of this matter became tamer when Stars approached the village administration building.

The Allied Ninja had reached the place at an early time in the morning when only a handful of ninja teams scurried about the place. To the newly assigned teams, summons still needed to be sent, the more experienced ninja dictated their own pace, meaning that some of them found no necessity to hurry out first thing in the morning. This only left a handful of categories of teams active. Namely, the young who still had to have their devotion to their chosen career and their abilities tested.

"Had a rough night, Mana?" Lord Seventh forced his lips out into a duck-like beak upon seeing the Allied Ninja walking into his office for their agreed-upon favor.

"Had a minor accident with rehearsals for the next show. Nothing a long trip to a different village won't fix." Mana excused her rough appearance with a polite smile.

"That was an astonishing show last night. Some of the best entertainment money can buy. Seeing how hard you work together despite having brought your craft to the highest level, it makes me admire your work ethic, Mana-san. The Allied Ninja are very lucky to have a kunoichi like you working with them." Lord Seventh nodded.

Mana couldn't help but feel a bit baffled by this comment. Was it not Lord Seventh himself who agreed with the Allied Ninja to send Mana away to them? Wouldn't that suggest that Lord Seventh was now complimenting himself just as much as he was Mana? Having worked for the man before during her brief internship in the Village Protection, Mana never took Uzumaki Midoben as someone who partook in bragging and self-congratulating.

"Thank you, Lord Seventh." Mana bowed. "We were graced to have you attend the show. It is esteemed guests like you that make us work so hard at delivering the show befitting the high expectations."