Rules

"We're not going to get anything done like this," you reply, pushing back your chair and standing. "Let's walk. We still have rules to go over."

Bucky stood tall, letting you escape his unanswered questions. For now. He held out his arm, waiting for the touch of your hand. You sighed, knowing that being so close to him was dangerous. Still, you slipped your arm in his and walked out the office.

The soft music flooded the hallway as members and guest enjoyed themselves. Bucky watched as couples, of all varieties, tucked themselves away in hidden rooms and corners. and others who blatantly disregarded everyone around them and were free and open. 

"Rule number one," you began, needing to fill the silence. "Consent is key. Nothing happens here without it."

Bucky nodded in understanding. And without thinking he placed his other hand on yours, pulling you in closer. your body pressed to his side. 

You inhaled his scent and tried to be unresponsive

"Second rule," you continued. "No one underage. I don't care if they've consented," you emphasized. Remembering a few despicable members that were thrown out. 

You continued to walk the halls. Bucky still holding firmly to your arm and hand. If he thinks this means anything, it doesn't. you've walked a few members just like this through the halls and passageways. The only difference was your heart didn't feel like it was going to fall out your mouth.

"No drugs. What people do in their own homes is their business, here it's my business," you said. 

Bucky continued to listen to the rules. Most of them seemed like common sense and he knew he wouldn't be breaking any. He ran his fingertips along your knuckles as he listened to you. 

"Everyone gets to choose their partners," you said. "A person must choose to enter a relationship. Whether it's just for the night or long term.  And always,- " you repeated, stopping and looking Bucky in his bright eyes.  "Always, be able to leave. At any moment, any time."

Bucky continued to run his hands over yours. He pulled you into him, your nose almost touching his. "You're scared I won't let you go?" He whispered. 

"I'm terrified that you will," you confessed honestly, trying not to melt at his simple touches. His eyes held you there for everyone around to see. Finally you felt exposed.

Bucky's lips moved to speak when you tore your gaze and continued to walk.  "We're having a casino night on Friday. Come."

"So you do want me around," he joked not pressing your confession further.

"It's a good opportunity to meet others and learn." You smirked as you reached your destination. The dark red velvet curtains of the entrance hung in front of you. Bucky hadn't even realized you had him standing at the front door. 

"This is where we say goodbye," you sighed. 

He smiled realizing what you had done. Planned an escape without him even knowing.

Clever.

"Goodbye Mr. Barnes," You murmured. His fingers slightly caressing your knuckles and sending small fires all over you. 

Not clever enough

Not clever enough. 

"It's goodbye for now," he corrected, still keeping your hand in his. He didn't move to release you. He waited, his menacing eyes spoke to you and you obliged him. 

"Goodbye for now," you responded. Giving him what he wanted. A promise of something more, an unknown future is better than none at all. 

He smirked and released your hand bringing it to his lips and kissing the back.

"Goodnight Mistress," he murmured looking up at you.

Ahh, Fuck. 

You pulled your hand from his so he couldn't feel you shaking as his warm breath tickled across your skin. Bucky knew how to give and take.

He's going to be the death of me. 

He turned to walk out the door. He looked back just before it closed.

"Goodnight Sargent Barnes," you replied huskily. Watching him bite his lip and the wicked grey his bright blue eyes faded too as the door shut.