What Am I Doing?

You and Bucky left the office. He slid his hands in yours, smiling. You smiled back and walked him toward the elevators. Niko stood waiting and motioned for you and him to enter. The door closed and the silence felt heavy as you slipped your hand out of Bucky's and leaned against the wall. 

What the hell am I doing? What am I going to tell Loki?

"What are you thinking?" Bucky asked. He placed his hands in his pocket as he stared at you.

I don't know what I'm doing.

Unable to admit your fear you replied, "What are you thinking?"

"That I have your panties in my pocket and I don't think I'm going to give them back," he laughed.

"Bucky Barnes," you yelled pushing off the wall and pressing your hands to his chest. "No wonder I couldn't find them."

He continued to laugh as you tried to reach your hand in his pockets. 

"Sorry doll, finders keepers," he laughed as he quickly spun you around and pinned your hands above your head against the wall. His chest was pressed heavily against yours as a tremble trickled down from where his hands held you and spread toward your thighs. His cool blue eyes held yours and he wasn't laughing anymore. 

"I don't know what I'm doing with you," he whispered

"I don't know what I'm doing with you," he whispered. "Or what you're doing to me." He ran his hands down your arms until he embraced your face. "But I'm here," he said leaning against your lips. "And you don't have to doubt that." 

Your hands wrapped around his arms as his lips continued to hover. And slowly he pressed his lips on yours as his thumb brushed your cheek. He leaned into harder as his mouth devoured yours. His languid tongue taking its time and sending warmth straight to the center of you. His stubble brushed hard against your chin, the small pricks urging your to grab onto him harder. 

The elevator doors finally opened and reluctantly Bucky released you. Your lips still felt him on them as you grabbed his hand, leading him down the dimly lit hallway.

You took a deep breath and stilled yourself as you stopped in front of a large door.  Pushing it open, revealing a large dark blue walled room with a plush king sized bed at its center. A small chandelier hung from the high ceiling. 

"This will be your room," you said as Bucky looked around.

"My room?" He asked with a puzzled look. "What do you mean? I'm not sleeping with you?"

"I sleep alone," you replied. His eyes clouded and he looked down.  "Look Bucky this is all very new to me. My rules," you hesitated. He watched silently, leaning against the wall, waiting.  "They keep me safe."

He bit his bottom lip as he looked away and nodded. "I understand," he said.

"There are clothes in the drawer," you turned toward the door. "I'll let you get settled." You grabbed the handle to close the door behind you. 

"(Y/n)," he said before you closed it. You turned back toward him. 

"I understand your rules," He pushed off the wall and walked over toward you. You looked up as his presence engulfed you. His hands rubbed around his mouth and then grabbed your chin. He leaned down.

"Understand this," his eyes held yours. "I won't be sleeping in here forever."