Hope

You stared at your reflection in the mirror of your bedroom. You needed some space after what you had revealed to Bucky over breakfast. Your eyes grazed over reflection. You could still see the scars even though they aren't there.

You aren't that girl anymore....

You jumped when you heard a knock on the door. You smoothed out your long green silk dress before you called out, "Come in."

Bucky's head appeared from behind the door. His eyes widened and he gave you a lopsided grin as he walked toward you. He remained silent brushing your hair away from your face and framing it with his large hands. He pressed his forehead to yours.

"I have to go back and grab a few things," he whispered

"I have to go back and grab a few things," he whispered. You nodded your head, letting his bright blue gaze mesmerize you.

What if he doesn't come back? What if this was too much for him?

"Hey," he said noticing your gaze drop. "I'm coming back," he chimed as if reading your thoughts. "I just cant live forever in this suit."

"Its a pretty nice suit," you joked. He laughed and placed a delicate kiss on your lips.

"Thank you for telling me what happened," he said. "I know it wasn't easy."

You answered him with your own kiss. His fingers tightened as he pressed into you. You gripped his broad shoulders letting his entire being take over you. You felt a tremble from your chest to your toes as his tongue caressed yours.

But then Bucky pulled away leaving you breathless but still in his embrace. He huffed slightly pressing his head to yours.

"You're crazy," he whispered making your heart almost stop.

Crazy?

"And beautiful and strong," he continued. "The moment that I stepped into this place and met you, I knew you were going to change my life." Your heart pounded in your chest listening. His thumb grazed your cheek.

"I knew that I would never be the same

"I knew that I would never be the same. I am terrified about what you inspire in me."

"What's that?" you murmured breathlessly. Letting your lips hover near his.