Everything

You marveled at the sight before you. He had strung up lights and lit candles on a table for two. The lights of New York sparkled below. You avoided getting too close to the railing.

Bucky guided you toward the table and pulled your chair out. You smiled up at him and continued to take it all in.

"Thank you for the dress," you said.

He pulled champagne from the ice bucket. "I know it's not your usual style but I'm going to rip it off you later anyway." He winked.

You laughed as he popped the cork and it bubbled over. Just barely missing his pants. He poured two glasses and handed you one.

"What should we toast to?" You asked him.

"To us," he replied hiding out his glass.

"To us," you repeated clicking them.

You took a sip letting the bubbles tickle your throat. Bucky took the seat beside you.

"I wasn't sure what you liked so I played it safe," he said taking the lid of your plate to a bowl of alfredo pasta and a side salad.

"Pasta is usually a good choice for me," you replied. "Thank you."

He held out a napkin to you as he placed one in his lap.

"When we get to my place I'll cook something better for you," Bucky said before he took a bite.

"Your place?" You asked wrapping pasta around your fork. "You don't live here?"

"I have a room here and I'm here most of the time but I have a home outside the city. It's being renovated," He said. "I was thinking that's where we could live."

"You want me to live with you?" You asked, slightly shocked.

"Only until we get your place back up and running," he replied reading your face. "I know you lived at the club and I won't take you away from everything you've built. But I would also like a place outside of there to call ours," he explained.

Your shocked eased at his request. "I understand," you replied. "Is there enough room for all of us?"

"I have plenty of rooms for the both of you," he smirked before taking another sip of champagne. "And I can always buy a bigger bed."

You smiled from ear to ear. You continued to talk as you ate. He told you about growing up in the forties with his family and his army life. He didn't want to talk about Hydra and that was a subject you would never press on.

"Enough about me," he said placing his napkin on the table and sitting back in his chair

"Enough about me," he said placing his napkin on the table and sitting back in his chair. "I want to know about you."

"What do you mean," you said sarcastically. "I'm an open book." He raised his eyebrow, waiting.

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me your favorite food?" He asked.

"That's what you want to know?" You retorted.