All the Control

Bucky finished reading the latest intel on Markus when Natasha walked in the briefing room. 

"We any closer?" she asked.  

"Yes and no," Bucky replied throwing the file down and pacing. "I want to fucking kill this guy Nat." 

Natasha watched as Bucky fisted his hands and clenched his jaw. "She's okay Bucky," Natasha said. "She's safe here." 

"I haven't felt like this since..." he trailed off. 

"Since Hydra," Natasha finished. Bucky's chest heaved as he began to pace back and forth.

"The urge to kill, to fight, to see blood on my hands, feels like the only thing that will satisfy me now and I hate it, but when it comes to her..." Bucky's speech was rapid. 

Natasha stopped his pacing. "Calm down," she whispered setting her hands on his shoulders. "I know you want to protect her. And you will. Once we have to proper information, you will." 

His breathing slowed as he nodded

His breathing slowed as he nodded. He leaned against the table, crossing his arms, he let a smile creep across his face. 

"This is all your fault you know?" Bucky accused her. 

"Me!" she said sarcastically placing her hand to her chest. "What have I done?" 

Bucky laughed at her feigned ignorance.

"Before her I was happy not having anything and being miserable and now, I have everything to lose." 

"You were sullen and insufferable before her," Natasha corrected laughing, leaning on the table. 

There were a few moments of silence. "For people like us, it's hard to find things to live for," she said heavily. "After everything we've done and seen. We feel like we don't deserve it, unworthy." 

Her phone vibrated and she flipped it open. It was her turn to smile this time. Her eyes widened as she quickly texted back. Bucky didn't ask. 

"But what I do know," she said closing a phone with a sly smile. "Is that if you can find one person, to love you, all of you, without judgement, that's something worth living for. There's at least hope." She pushed off the table. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready." 

Bucky waved her off silently as he stared at Markus' picture. His blood boiled at the sight of him.

 His blood boiled at the sight of him