Chapter 75

CHAPTER 75

"November is quickly approaching. Do you intend to hold a Halloween ball, sir?" Tanong ni Rain nang makarating kami sa parking area.

"We'll talk about that tomorrow." Sagot ko at pumasok na sa kotse at nagmaneho pauwi sa bahay.

Rain and I came here separately at aalis din kami na magkahiwalay. That is because we drove our own cars. I don't want someone accompanying me or driving for me kaya mas pinili kong ako ang magmaneho.

Time flew by, and a lot had happened in just a few months. The anniversary of that guy's death will also take place. Ilang taon na ring hindi nagdiwang ang university ng kahit na anong events to uphold the university's reputation while also mourning the death of the former director.

I'm sure we've waited long enough for another Halloween event for both the high school and college departments. Everyone must have recovered after such a long time.

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of banging coming from my front door.Hindi ko agad iyon pinansin at pumasok sa shower para maligo at magbihis ng damit pagkalabas. They certainly have a lot of time to meddle in other people's lives..

Pagkabukas ko ng pinto ay agad namang pumasok ang kanina pang kumakatok sa pintuan ng walang pahintulot. "Is that how you treat your future mother-in-law, Ezekiel?" She expressed her disappointment and anger in her tone of voice.

"I don't even accept you as one." Walang gana kong tugon sa kanya. Malakas naman niyang ibinato ang nahawkan niyang vase papunta sa akin at umilag lang din ako bago iyon nabasag sa dingding.

"Should I be grateful how you humiliated my daughter in front of your students?!" She yelled and sighed loudly. "I can't believe you did that, how stupid!" Bulyaw niya pa ulit at hinampas ang isang kamay sa lamesa.

"My students are more aware of what they should and should not gossip about." Sagot ko sa kanya at naupo sa isang upuan malayo sa kanya. "And yes, Mrs. Durbrow, you should thank me for not letting the entire country know what that stupid daughter of yours almost did to me." Seryoso kong sabi at direktang tumingin sa mata niyang punong-puno na ng galit.

"Ano na lang ang masasabi ng tao kapag kumalat ang balita? Na ang anak ng Durbrow ay may saltik sa ulo?" Kalmado kong saad at hinawi ang basa kong buhok.

The incident occurred within the building for medical students. Cerca is already a patient, as all witnesses may have guessed. That's why I told Rain to stop those students from spreading the word about the problem.

Cerca nearly killed me by attempting to stab me with a kitchen knife she had brought galing sa kusina. Hindi man ipinapahalata ni Mrs. Durbrow na dinala niya sa hospital ang kanyang anak to check kung mayroon nga siyang sakit, Cerca is most likely receiving therapy as a result of her diagnosis, or she is in a rehabilitation facility.

"You son of a.." Sigaw niya but I interrupted what she was about to say.

"I know. I'm glad you recognize my mother as a bitch who clangs to you people with political clout." Nakangiti kong sabi. Naikuyom niya ang dalawa niyang kamay at naupo sa katapat kong silya.