Chapter 7 - Hawks POV

finallyyyy the crazy stuff starts happening and things get messed up or at least someone else comes into the story

___

“Hey Hawks, does this count as a date?” Dabi asks randomly.

“W-what?” I say, pretending not to hear.

“I know you heard what I said. You're stuttering.”

Damn it, I've got to stop that. How do I even begin to answer the question though? I didn't even think of it being a date, but now he's put that thought in my mind I can't stop thinking about it. I pull out my chair on our table and sit down, my shoulders hunched and my hands on my lap.

“Well I originally wasn't going to…but if you want to make it a date then that's fine with me.”

I try to make myself sound breezy as if I don't care, when in reality I feel like what he says next is going to change my life.

“Ok.”

Ok? Okay? That's all he's gonna say? Nothing else? Alright then.

A waiter comes and asks for our order.

“I want the katsudon.”

“Use your manners. I'll have the katsudon as well, please.”

As soon as the waiter has nodded and gone off Dabi comments on my choice of food.

“You have got to stop eating chicken.”

“You ordered the same thing. And I'm my own man, I do what I want.”

Dabi smiles, “No, you're my man, you do what I want.” And he winks when he says it, making me look away.

The waiter finally comes with our food and we eat it all up greedily, forgetting about table manners in this glorious moment.

I shouldn't, but I do. I order desert as well.

“Be careful you don't get the scarf all messy.” I remind him because I can already see a bit of sticky red jelly on it.

“You be careful too. You've got a smudge right here, see?” He leans over the table and wipes whipped cream off my nose and I try not to shout in the restaurant at him to stop because I hate the fact that I love it.
“Dabi,” I say calmly. “Don't.”

Too late. I groan as Dabi licks the bit of cream off his finger and smiles smugly, “Ughh…”

“You're just too cute.”

“Shut up.”

“You liked it though.”

“No I didn't.”

So the restaurant went well. I paid, obviously, since Dabi's as broke as an old wooden fence.

When we got home, I was feeling really good, so I drank some wine (that Dabi had left in the fridge again - and yes as soon as we got home he changed into his normal clothes). Dabi had some too and we got a bit drunk.

Well, very drunk.
Dabi got bored of the wine and rooted in all my cupboards and draws for something else.
He found vodka.

“Heyyy Dabi~! You want some bacon with that beautiful face of yours?” I say, banging the pan onto the stove.

“Yeah I'll have whatever you got. Pass me another shot would ya?” I pour more wine into into a little shot glass and Dabi downs it hastily, clumsily knocking it over afterwards.