Chapter 22 - Hawks POV

yup here's a bit more soppyness but in hawks pov ugh

___

I wriggle around trying to free myself from the men holding my wings down so that I don't take off.

“Hawks!” I hear Dabi call my name but I can't see him. This makes me frantic.

“HAWKS!” I squint in the early sunlight, finally finding him. But he's so far away! Probably to keep us from communicating before being arrested.

“I’M SORRY!” he yells as loud as he can, “I SWEAR ON MY LIFE I WILL NEVER TREAT YOU LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN.”

Tears well up in my eyes.
“You burnt bastard!”

Dabi is then promptly shoved inside a small car and I am helped into the back of a van, probably because of the size of my wings.

I try to talk to the person nearest to me, but she ignores my hopeless pleas.

“Can I at least say goodbye?!”

The van door is shut in my face.
I try to beat my fists against the window, but my arms have been tied tightly with rope to my waist to prevent me from taking feathers and using them to escape.

“No, no, no. Don't take him away! DON'T TAKE HIM FROM ME AGAIN!” I screech, feeling the vans engine start up. I struggle with the seat belt and it comes off quite suddenly just as the van turns a corner causing me to stumble to the floor.

“Please…I need him,” I say, sobbing with rage and feeling like an idiot for doing so.

Dabi's a villan…I shouldn't love him. Am I even in love with him anyway? I haven't really give myself a firm answer to that question.

I'm so confused.

Hot tears slide down my face, creating a small puddle on the floor as I am driven away from the U.A. dorms.

It takes a long time to get wherever we're going to and I find myself getting tired. I didn't realize how exhausted I was with the events of the last few days. But now?
I hear myself sniffle a few times before falling into a deep sleep.

*snores in Japanese*

-Time skiP-

Someone shakes me.
“Pro Hero Hawks at your service…” I mumble, forgetting myself.

There's a sigh and I'm shaken harder.

“What the heck, Dabi. Don't wake me when I-”

“We're here, Hawks.”

I open my eyes at how feminine Dabi's voice sounds, but then I see that it is in fact not Dabi, but a woman in the HPSC uniform.

“What?”

“Get up.”

I can't, so she lifts me up under my arms (it's a bit embarrassing), then she helps me step out of the van, my eyes squinting in the bright sunlight. Shivering, too, because there's a breeze and I'm still shirtless. The woman takes out something from a small bag on her utility belt.

It's a pill.

“…What does that do?”

“I'm not allowed to say.”

“Will it make me go unconcious?”

She takes something from glove compartment in the front of the car - a water bottle - and drops the pill inside it.

“No,” She answers.

Ok, that's one thing I can be relieved about.
The woman (who is see is called Himari on her badge) puts the bottle to my lips since I can't do it myself.