Chapter 19 - Hawks POV

Had we prepared for meeting with Todoroki? Not exactly. We hadn't had a proper plan of what we'd do to get him on our side, so it's all a bit awkward. I glance at Dabi and see his eyes widen and then look away as Todoroki walks over.

“Who are you?” He speaks in a monotone. I get up first, trying to hide Dabi by standing in front of him.

“It's me. Hawks,” I take the blanket off my head so he can see, “Can I…trust you with something, Todoroki?”

“Of course.” He doesn't know a thing.

I reveal Dabi who keeps the blanket over his head, his spiky black hair poking out.
Even though the blanket is covering Dabi's scars, Todoroki still recognizes who it is, instantly.

“You.” Todoroki's left arm fires up with orange flames, and he stands with his feet apart, ready to fight.

“Woah, woah, woah,” says Dabi, standing up, “I haven't even done anything…yet.”

Todoroki steps forward, and Dabi quickly grabs his neck, warningly heating it up slowly.

“I wouldn't try anything if I were you, Shoto.”

“Don't call me that.” I watch as Todoroki puts his right hand on Dabi's wrist and freezes his arm up to his elbow. Then he simply steps backwards out of Dabi's grasp, leaving his hand in a cupped shape.

“What the fuck? Unfreeze me.”

“Not until you tell me why are you here.”

“We can talk in my room, we don't want anyone coming in here while we're I'm the middle of a deep conversation,” Tokoyami says.

“Alright, let's go then,” agrees Todoroki.

“Half n half! Is that you?!” We hear a new voice. An angry voice. The voice of a very explosive person.

“Uh oh, Bakugou's up. Everybody come with me. Now.” Tokoyami's usually calm voice takes on a panicky tone.

Everyone tries to dash out of the room as quickly as possible but Todoroki has been unfortunately been spotted.

“Hey ICYHOT! GET BACK HERE! I'M TALKING TO YOU!”

“Just go, I'll be with you in a minute.”

“Are you sure you'll be okay?” I ask hurriedly.

“I'll be fine. Now go!”

This so dramatic.

“Everyone inside.” Tokoyami slams the door and we wait in vain for Todoroki. He comes soon after and we can no longer hear Bakugou's yelling.

“Ok, so what's this all about?”

“So…I don't really know how to explain. Expecially about your Dad… but erm…”

Todoroki interrupts, “Endeavour?”

“Oh yes, I burnt his face off,” Dabi says.

“He's still alive though! And you didn't completely burn his face, just melt it a bit.”
I say, wondering if Todoroki will take this for good or for worse. All he does is raise an eyebrow, and ask “Seriously?”

“Yes, seriously, I blasted it then grabbed Hawks and we busted out of there! I murdered almost everyone! It was truly one of my best moments.”

“No it wasn't, you were being insane,” I mutter.

“Too much information,” Todoroki says in his deep voice, “Can we start from the beginning?”

So then I have to explain everything to him in a very short summary:
Someone saw me and Dabi out together, they told Endeavour and the Commission. We were captured and imprisoned for a bit, then we escaped and now we're here.

“I don't believe this, did you really-”

“Can you unfreeze my arm now?” Dabi interrupts.

“Oh. Yes.” In the quiet few seconds of Todoroki melting the ice, we hear yet another  voice which sounds like it's calling his name.

“Todoroki-kun? Where are you? Has anyone seen Todoroki-kun?”

Tokoyami smirks while Todoroki's face turns a light shade of pink.

“I'm sorry,” he says, “That must be Izuku. I will try to be back shortly.”

He hastily gets to the door and goes outside, leaving us in silence.

“Am I missing something?” I say eventually.

“Todoroki and Midoriya are dating. Not everyone in our class knows, but I just happened to overhear.”

“Shoto - I mean - Todoroki's gay?” Dabi sounds very surprised.

“That's right.”

Me and Dabi exchange a look, then I quickly turn away, my cheeks slightly redder than before.

“So, am I missing something?” Tokoyami suddenly becomes very smug.

“No…”

“Oh yeah. We're together, too.”

“What?” I struggle to keep my voice low, “No we are not!” But the red on my face is now easily noticeable. This is like the conversation with Mirko all over again.

The three of us have to wait quite a long time and when Todoroki comes back, he's wearing a pink hoody with it tightly zipped up. I already know why though, and I think everyone else in the room knows too, but nobody says anything about it as I explain further how we want him and Tokoyami to help us.

The day goes by really slowly as we can only stay cooped up inside Tokoyami's room.
Thankfully he doesn't mind, but it's when nighttime falls that things get weird.

“Are you going to sleep in here? The dorm bedrooms have locks so nobody can get in, but you know…” Tokoyami finally looks slightly uncomfortable at our presence.

“Oh. Yeah…about that. Since this place is so big we had kind of expected there to be at least one spare room.”

“There is actually. Except it's in the girls’ wing.”
We both turn our heads to look at Dabi.

“What?” Then he realises, “Are you actually fucking serious? I wouldn't…I would never-

“Ok, we'll take it,” I say.

___

910 words and next chapter gonna have some spice (0_0) oop