Chapter 24 - Dabi's POV

hey y'alllll I hope you've enjoyed reading my story so far  >:)

___

“I'm telling you I don't know. I haven't been in contact with them for the last week!”

“Do you really think I'm going to believe that?”

“I'm fucking spittin' plain facts here, Mister.

The talker looks at the other man and he delivers a blow right on my cheek which makes my lip bleed. I grit my teeth and grunt at the pain. My face is tingling all over from bruises where I've been struck before, and blood slowly seeps out of my scars because the staples are coming lose. It stings. Badly.

“You're one of the most wanted villans in all of Japan! Don't be telling me you're not working on any schemes.”

I force a smirk. “Well that's too bad, because I'm not.”

Another punch - on the nose this time. Bright red blood splatters on the floor.

“Stop playing around, Dabi. I know Hawks is a villan now, but who would really let someone like you into their home for a whole week?”

“Hawks would.”

“And why is that?”

“Because Hawks isn't a piece of shit like you!”
I gather all my last bits of strength to try to somehow burn through the gloves but they're just too strong, and having the weak skin of my mother makes it further burn and scar my hands inside them.

My quirk was always too powerful for me.
Or maybe I'm just weak.

The punch I've given now makes me feel lightheaded and and the two men stand up.

“I'll be back.” He takes a plier from his pocket and looks at my fingers, laughing wickedly.

“If you still don't give us any information after next time, then we're going to have to…” He makes a slicing motion at his neck.

So I'm just gonna stay trapped here and have my fingers snapped off when I'm telling the truth? Oh yeah, that's fun.
That's real nice.

Especially the part where I die.

Alone, too.

Fuck.

They untie me from the chair and leave me by myself in the small room, so I reflect on the happenings of the last week.

I make a long list in my head.
This week, I (in order):
▪ Got drunk
▪ Jumped from a balcony
▪ Seduced Hawks
▪ Went to a restaurant
▪ Got drunk again
▪ Was stuck under a bed (it was humiliating)
▪ Was captured due to a certain flaming asshole
▪ I got kicked in my fucking balls over and over
▪ Escaped and went to U.A.
▪ Almost (but not quite) fucked Hawks in a cupboard
▪ Went to the dorms.
▪ Talked to Tokoyami and Shoto- I mean Todoroki
▪ Ok so then I did end up fucking Hawks-
▪ And was captured once again

Isn't that interesting.
Now I have a nosebleed to go with it.

I wonder what if we didn't go to U.A? What if we just ran a totally completely opposite way?
What would have happened then?

Wait, no. That would mean leaving the League of Villans, and as annoying as they may be, they're…dammit, I don't want this to sound soppy but they're my family.

I think of my real family - I haven't seen them for so long. It was a big surprise to see Shoto and have a proper conversation with him, but he didn't recognize me. The real me.