-Chapter 7

-Chapter 7

I place my belt against my waist and my eyes go to George, who wants to make sure that the system is up to date

"Go ahead." George motions for me to transform.

I press the part of the belt that transforms me, letting the warmth of power hit me. A suit goes around me, which is silver and light blue. It looks nothing like the suit of Ikki Igarashi and his demon.

"The starting up of it seems fine. Everything according to the data seems to be normal," George comments, eyes on a screen of a device in his hands. "Now, you need to try moving around a bit. Just pace around so I can see the walking speed."

"Shouldn't you want to see if she can run properly in that thing?" Mahiru asks, spinning around in her seat that she's in. She's so casual sometimes.

"No, I don't need to see that. I believe she's capable of doing so in that form," George comments, sounding slightly offended she would even ask such a thing. "I'm the one who specializes in this, not you. I know what I'm doing."

"Sure you do," Mahiru spits out, not believing him. These two seem to be total opposites. "Why don't you let me handle this, Georgie." 

"George." 

"Whatever you say!" Mahiru rolls her eyes. "How does it feel, Maya?"

"I feel like this suit is providing me with maximum power." I should be able to handle most problems with this suit. "Do you think I will have to use this anytime soon? Perhaps on the Deadmans."

"The Deadmans won't be able to handle you in that suit with ease," George tells me. "From what I can tell, it is supposed to be able to counter them with ease. One of them uses a gun and the other is just...well, your typical non-gun wielding thug." 

One of the Deadmans does have a gun and I've seen it in pictures and videos sent to me from HIC. One seems to be a wolf of sorts and the other a squid or something. I honestly do not have time to waste on them unless they interrupt my mission. I will not tolerate them ruining my mission.

I end my transformation and nod my head. "Understood. I will be sure to learn how to control the powers that this suit gives me. In the meantime, George, please keep on doing what you are doing for us. I want to utilize all the power that these things can give me with your assistance." 

"Wow! So polite!" he exclaims, using English. He likes to sprinkle it in. "By the way, how many languages do you know?"

"She knows a lot of them. Even dead ones," Mahiru says, sighing. "Is that really what you want to know right now? There is a lot about her that you don't know about. There is even things that I don't know about her." 

I look at Mahiru as she stares at me, her eyes looking like they're curious about something. Perhaps she's curious about who I truly am. Not even I know who I am truly, but I am thinking I will find out one day who I am meant to be.