-Chapter 28

-Chapter 28

"Good morning," Daiji's voice says, sounding absolutely tired

"Good morning," Daiji's voice says, sounding absolutely tired. "I'm going to head out in a moment. Do you want anything while I'm out? I am thinking about getting something at the store that we don't keep on hand here."

I blink as I monitor his behavior. "You're going out already?" 

It is weird that he's just going to go out after getting up. I have noticed he has looked sleepy the last few times I've seen him, which certainly means he's not sleeping that well or just not hitting his much-needed REM sleep. With the current situation of someone going out of their way to disrupt Fenix's typical operations, it seems to line up with something I do not wish to think about Daiji.

"Yes, I'm going to head out. You want one of those delicious egg sandwiches? I know you're probably craving that right now." Daiji stares at me.

I nod. "Sure."

He nods his head. "I will be right back then."

He turns and exits the spa, leaving me alone. I get up and head to the door. My legs stop me at the door as my heart begins to pound a little faster. 

What's going on with me right now? I'm starting to think the worst about him. Daiji wouldn't do anything to hurt everyone at Fenix or ruin their operations, right? I know he wouldn't, but why am I trying to follow him now? What's making me not trust him and think such terrible things?

I shake my head and step out the spa, opting to follow him. I slowly close the door behind me and follow behind him, taking my sweet time. He turns down a street that isn't towards the place he said he would head to.

"That's odd," I mutter out, following behind him still. 

I keep following him as he takes all kinds of routes, ending up down some alleyway. I hide behind a trash bin and notice Daiji isn't there right now, but a Kamen Rider. I haven't seen this before.

I step out from my hiding place and approach, holding onto my side where I keep a gun. "Stop right there," I order.

The Kamen Rider turns and immediately exits their transformation, deciding not to hide their appearance from me. 

Their transformation ends and I see a person standing in black before me. They look like Daiji, but they're not Daiji. I mean, it's Daiji for sure, but not Daiji at the same time. How does this make any sense?

"Just what in the world are you?" I ask the person using Daiji's body, who is now wearing an edgy boy makeover.

He turns his head, looking over his shoulder at me. "Kagero. You must be Daiji's fascination, Claire." He turns fully to me, a sinister smile plastered on his face. "I have some use for you."

He has some use for me? "What?"

Kagero smirks, looking a bit smugger than he did a moment before. "Yeah, you're going to come in handy," he says, flicking his fingers. "How about it? You don't even get a choice, Claire. I won't let you."