-Chapter 15

-Chapter 15

I look into the glass window before me, my eyes staring at the reflection of the edgy looking woman before me

I look into the glass window before me, my eyes staring at the reflection of the edgy looking woman before me. She's pretty and seemingly weak, which is the opposite of who she truly is. She's strong and fiery. She also has no emotional capacity.

I place my hand on the door's handle and pull it open, making a bell ring for the coffee shop I was told to go to. I enter it as someone greets me. I do not have time to greet them in return. 

I move over to the table next to the window, which is where I was told to sit. I pop down and look around, my eyes scanning the small coffee shop. I'm going to definitely come here again with Daiji and Ikki. I hope they like coffee because it is one of the few things I like to have at this time.

"Right on time."

I turn my head, my eyes going up to Klaus as he makes his way to my table. "Hello, Klaus," I say, greeting him.

"I was expecting the other one to show up," he says, commenting on the fact that I'm not Maya. "Why are you like this?" He removes his gloves as his eyes look me over, no expression on his handsome face.

"It is because I needed reinforcements to get more information sooner," I state. "I'm hoping to squeeze more out of them by manipulating them as two different people." Maya will get closer to Ikki while Claire gets closer to Daiji.

Klaus sits down across from me as the waiter comes towards our table. He orders our drinks and the waiter leaves, leaving us alone. Everything is moving fast today. Interesting. 

"You didn't do what I ordered you to do."

"No, I was unable to do so."

"Care to explain why?" Klaus asks, getting straight to the point. 

"Is it normal for me to not be able to want to do something to someone? I felt...no...I feel suffocated at the idea of ending Daiji's life," I ask, staring at Klaus in his cold eyes. "I've never felt this way before about someone." 

Klaus' eyes flicker away from me, looking a bit dimmer. "It is normal to feel attachment to an object or person once you get to know them. You just have to cut off those feelings and do the job. Make sure to do it right."

"By why do I have to end his life? I do not understand what it will do for us." Why is killing Daiji a good thing? "Aren't we working with Fenix?" 

"Daiji Igarashi is only getting in the way of things. He's a danger to all of us. He'll keep us from successfully achieving our goals if he's is left alone." He looks back at me, face looking serious. "That's why you've been assigned to eliminate him. I want this to be a natural looking demise for him."

Natural demise? So, make it look like he died in his sleep? But no one would buy that he died in his sleep. He's young and extremely healthy. Fenix probably has health checks that run so deep into the person's medical history.