-Chapter 14

-Chapter 14

I stare down at Daiji as he sleeps, looking quite peaceful

My eyes leave him, going to my right hand. I stare at the syringe in it as my stomach turns. What is this feeling I'm getting? I have never felt this way before about something like this. Not even during my training at HIC.

My eyes return to him as he turns a bit and I step back away from the bed. "Daiji..."

How can I possibly harm Daiji for no reason at all? He hasn't done a single thing wrong to me. Why does Klaus think he's in the way then? He may work with Fenix, but that doesn't mean we should eliminate him. He's not in the way of Ikki at this time. I can handle both boys.

My hand starts shaking and I swallow hard, sweat forming on my face.

"You will have to one day be able to eliminate a target. Now, while this is a dummy here that you'll be giving a lethal dosage of a secret drug cocktail, you have to pretend it is someone in the way of your assignment."

I look at my hand as it keeps shaking, the needle unable to stay still in my hand. 

"If you cannot eliminate the target, then you are worthless to HIC's goals. Worthless people will be terminated without question if they cannot eventually get the job done. I get it can take time sometimes and we respect that, but we do not respect constant failure."

I turn away from Daiji and look over at the exit as my eyes burn.

"Kill the target now. Do it quickly."

I can't kill him. At least not at this time. For now, I'll forget about this.

~.~

I stare at the note on the fridge, which is in Mahiru's handwriting, and I shake my head. She's out on business yet again. I'm alone and she gets to go and do something. Wonderful.

Just what is keeping her out of the house these days? She doesn't have something important to do does she? What's more important than watching the two brothers who cause us issues at every turn?

I move towards the living room and my eyes stop on something shiny, reflecting a familiar site. My eyes lock onto the the thing in the mirror, going to their eyes. Teary eyes stare back at me, makeup following the tear stains underneath. Tears. Crying. Emotion.

I look down at my feet and shake my head. "No, this isn't me..."

I have no feelings. I don't feel things like they do. Klaus told me that I can't. So, is this a test of sorts for me? Do we develop feelings as they do?

I move pass the mirror and go to the couch, dropping down onto it as I shut my eyes.

How come I let him get away when the mission is to end him? How did I let myself do that? Who am I to let Daiji go freely? Daiji is messing up my head just like Ikki is. These brothers are something that I never even thought of possible.