-Chapter 11

-Chapter 11

"You will one day be assigned to a mission, but only if you complete your training properly

"You will one day be assigned to a mission, but only if you complete your training properly. When you're not training, you'll be in your special bed and receiving care of by our staff here at HIC," Klaus says, looking us all over.

Klaus turns away from us, putting his hands behind his back, and lifts his head up a bit. His eyes look at a screen, which has a ton of information on it. The information is about the different ways to get someone to tell you something. The many ways of manipulating a person is what we have to do in order to get by.

"HIC is who you should dedicate yourselves to. You cannot allow yourselves to be attached to someone who is a target. Targets are meant to be taken out. If you become attached to a target, things will get ugly." He turns back to us. "You cannot allow them to control you. You are the one supposed to be in control. Now, read up and understand. You will be quizzed on this tomorrow." 

I open my eyes as my heart pounds against my chest, all my training flooding my mind at once.

The Igarashi brothers are my targets. I do not need to be attached to them. Attaching myself to them will lead me to danger. Danger is what I cannot get into. The only danger allowed is my own hands. 

Beep!

I look over at my cell phone and I reach out, picking it up. I bring it up to my face and stare at the words on it, which are from Ikki. He is reaching out to me at this time?

Ikki: Hey, don't be afraid of me contacting you. I wanted to know if you would like to hang out with me today.

Ikki wants to hang out with me? I think that is a good idea to get closer to him. If I get closer to him, then I can find an opening at some point and make him get even more attached to me. Once he is even more attached, I'll bring his downfall at HIC's hands. It is what I have to do.

Me: Sure. What time? Also, it is fine for you to be messaging me. I am not afraid of you at all.

I have to tell Mahiru about this. But is she home? She's been quite busy when I'm not around. It's known in HIC that we have our own missions to do when doing other missions. We're literally stacking missions up sometimes. She's been on more top secret missions than most at HIC.

Beep!

Ikki: Meet me at the spa in an hour or two. I'll take you where I want to go with you.

Me: Alright. I'll see you then. Thank you for reaching out to me. I can't wait to hang out.

I feel a bit bad about toying with the brothers. They've been so good to me, but I keep using them. I keep using them for my own goals, which aren't truly my own. The goals belong to HIC. HIC's goals are my goals. My own personal goals aren't allowed.