-Chapter 25

-Chapter 25

I stare at the laundry and sigh heavily as I begin to fold it, making it look neat

I stare at the laundry and sigh heavily as I begin to fold it, making it look neat. Besides, I need to fold it and return the stuff in it that belongs to Bon. It isn't right for me to keep it too long. He needs his clothing too.

"Hey, you sighed!" Ikki exclaims and I look at him as he sits beside me. "That's something new."

"Believe it or not, I do sigh like everyone else. That I can express." I look at the clothing. "I hate folding."

"Here." Ikki takes the clothing from me and begins folding it. "Let me help you out."

I nod my head as I stare at him, my mind drifting back to what Daiji told me the other day before we went out together. He's keeping things from Ikki to protect him. I am glad he's trusting me to keep it a secret, but shouldn't he trust Ikki too? When is Ikki going to find it all out? He can't hide it forever.

"Hey!" Mahiru's voice exclaims as she joins us. "I see you two are busy folding. Is this some sort of date?" 

Ikki chuckles. "No."

"No, it isn't a date at all," I comment, looking at her as she sits beside us. "Is it safe for me to head home yet?"

She shakes her head. "Not yet."

The door opens and Daiji walks in, looking more tired than he did the previous day. I guess he's had another rough night. Poor guy.

Daiji's eyes go to me and then they go to Ikki, changing a bit in appearance. Like they're upset. Is he upset with his brother for some reason now?

"I'm going to lie down," he states, eyes returning to me. "Claire, let's talk when I'm done napping."

"Okay," I respond as he walks off. 

"He's been stressed out it seems," Mahiru comments, sighing. "You boys really should learn how to relax. Just because you all fight demonic things doesn't mean you can't rest." 

She's not wrong. These two need to relax instead of constantly doing work non-stop. They barely do anything fun in their free time. That's just my honest opinion though. Even though we hang out and all, it's like they still are just working mentally.

"I hope he relaxes..." I look at Mahiru. "So, what have you been up to without me being at our place?"

"Worrying about someone busting in at night," she answers, laughing a little.

"Hey, don't joke about it!" Ikki exclaims. "She might take you seriously."

"Claire can understand me most of the time." Mahiru smiles at Ikki, looking quite amused. "Besides, she knows what sarcasm is. It isn't like she's completely useless when communicating with other people." 

"Yes, I do know what it is and understand it to a degree. However, I do not always comprehend it due to not understanding some people with their tone of voice. Communicating it quite difficult for me still." I'm still learning how to read people properly outside of the mental programming HIC put me through. "With my real persona, I am still growing as a person."