43. lucifer and love songs - one shot

Hey bestie!! I hope you're doing good🤗 Can I request relaxing and listening to love songs after coming back from the human world with Lucifer? With the name Naomi

I am so sorry, but I wrote it with you watching Lucifer do his work, if you want me to rewrite it, just ask.

After letting out her breath in a huff several times (causing her hair to lift in a way she knew he found distracting) for the last half-hour without getting even a glance from her, she decided it was time to pull out the big guns. Naomi knew that Lucifer was probably re-reading the parchments for the fourth time now.

He would slap her to the Celestial Relm if she tried to take away his work, of that, she was sure. Placing her hands on her body would most probably earn a glare, at the very least. Nagging him would assuredly get her faster than she could run. Making puppy eyes would be useless to melt his icy workaholic heart; she would be accused of developing conjunctivitis. Naomi thought hard and sighed...he was impossible. Honestly, what was she thinking about falling in love with the devil? Oh, right, she was not thinking at all.

The music from his ancient CD player (seriously could he not just get a new one) filled the room and just like that inspiration struck her. Next to not knowing the answer to a question, Lucifer absolutely hated it when she criticized his taste in anything. Naomi smiled slyly before concentrating on making her voice as haughty as possible, which she honestly thought sounded exactly like the man, wait demon sitting next to her.

"How can you stand listening to this. It sounds weird?"

Lucifer looked up at the human lounging with her legs hanging over one arm of the sofa. His eyes were on her! Ah, sweet success!

"Weird?" He raised an eyebrow while his eyes started to show a flicker of irritation at her.

Naomi started to question her choices.

"Weird," she confirmed with a nod. "Really weird"

"This song is a classic, it's beautiful," he said indignantly, frowning. He returned his attention to the parchment.

She rolled her eyes.

Turning on her DD, Noami looked through the apps as quickly as she could, she did not want another Belphie situation on her hands.

Lucifer heard her mutter something about the internet and snails, before hearing the soft tune of an acoustic guitar.

We were both young when I first saw you I close my eyes and the flashback starts I'm standin' there On a balcony in summer air See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns See you make your way through the crowd And say, "Hello" Little did I know

It was a nice change of pace, hearing songs about love, and just sitting together.

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

"Lucifer.."

"Hmm..."

"I love you."

She could feel him smiling into her hair. He tightened his arms around her.

"I know." He kissed her temple.